Chapter 1 (Sara)

'It sure is cold up here.' Sara thought. 'But it's totally worth it.'

Sara and the Wingfeather family, along with Oskar Reteep were riding the dragons, heading to the First Well. Arundelle, Artham's long-lost fiancé (she had really been a Cloven) came with them too, but Sara felt like the odd one of the group. She knew Janner the least, yet she felt like she had known him for a very long time. She missed him, and though she wouldn't tell anyone (except Artham) she honestly thought that she was in love with Janner. 

As Sara was lost in thought, one of the dragons started to coo at Artham.

"He says that he senses some strange energy nearby." Artham relayed. "He says that it's probably the well, since we've been flying over the forest for about an hour now."

Kalmar nodded his head. "Ok, that's good."

Oskar repositioned himself on his dragon, which he was riding alone. "In the words of Franklin Bofinshire, this trip hurts!"

Leeli, who was sitting in front of Sara, giggled. "He always complains whenever we go on a trip."

Nia, who was sitting in front of Kalmar, laughed at what Leeli said.

Arundelle, who was sitting behind Kalmar, rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

Oskar didn't hear them laugh.

Sara looked over at Oskar's dragon. It was gold, with a streak of read running down its spine. Sara looked at saw Janner's body, tied down behind Oskar. She felt a stab of pain run through her. She teared up. 'No, don't cry. Anything could happen.' She thought.

Hulwen the dragon cooed at Artham.

"She says we're nearing Clovenfast." He relayed.