Chapter 12

Janner took a deep breath. Just relax. Everything's gonna go just fine. He hoped. 

It was the morning of Sara's birthday, and by her request, the family was going to get together and have a big breakfast. After that, the day would be spent filled with games and fun things like that. Once evening came, Sara's birthday party would begin, and all of her friends would arrive. It was a small party, with the guests being the orphans from the factory, or children who had been reunited with their parents because of Sara. Oskar, Gammon, and Maraly would be coming too. 

Unfortunately for Janner, he was a nervous wreck.

He could hear his family talking in the hallway, probably heading to the family room. He thought. 

He got up and quickly got dressed. 

Once he was ready-for-the-day, he stepped out of his room. Walking to the family room, he could hear his family laughing and talking. When he opened the door, they all hushed.

"Surpr-" 

Janner cut Kal off. "It's just me."

"Oh." 

Janner laughed. "So where is she?"

"We were about to ask you the same thing." Nia replied.

"So...she's not up yet?"

"I guess not." Leeli said. "You should go get her."

"Well, it is her birthday, so shouldn't she be able to sleep in?"

Kal snickered. "Nope."

"Wow, how nice of you." Janner rolled his eyes. "I'll go get her."

He stepped out of the room, and headed to Sara's room, which was conveniently across from his room. 

Once there, he knocked on the door.

Just seconds after he knocked, Sara opened it.

"The Royal Family wishes to have a meeting with you, Miss Cobbler." Janner said, turning on the charm.

Sara rolled her eyes. "You could've just said 'The family wants to see you'."

"And I did! But, much nicer."

She grabbed his hand. "Alright, let's go."

Janner tried his best not to feel nervous again. The couple walked to the family room, where everyone immediately wished her a happy birthday. It seemed Kal yelled "Happy Birthday!" the loudest.

Sara grinned. "Thank you!" 

"Now open your presents!" Leeli said.

Sara began by opening Leeli's gift first, which was a nice necklace. Even though Sara didn't really care for jewelry, she gave her a big thanks.

She took Nia and Arundelle's gift next, which was a birthday cake. They didn't wrap it up (that would be fun to see), but they had it set in a wooden box.

She opened Artham's gift next. He gave her a new journal.

Kalmar gave her a new bow, since Sara was an awesome shot with a bow.

Janner's gift came last. He gave her a few new books, the couple loving books. Kalmar would joke that right next to loving each other, they loved books.

"These gifts are amazing! I don't know if I'll be able to thank you enough." Sara told the family.

Everyone smiled. "You don't have to!"

"Now, how about some of that cake, huh?" Kal said.

Everyone laughed.