Chapter 28

"So, let's go over the plan again."

"Whyyyyyy? I already have it memorized, considering the one million times you've told it to me." Kal whined.

Sara rolled her eyes. "Okay then. Tell me the plan."

Kal sighed. "First, I give Galya the flowers. Then, you come along and ask to talk to her, and ask her about whether she has feelings for me."

Janner, who was reading a book while watching this unfold from his chair in the corner of the family room, chuckled.

"Then I walk away and you two talk." Kal finished.

Sara nodded her head. "Good. Now, ready to go?"

Kal nodded his head, then looked at his brother. "You coming?"

Janner thoughtfully turned a page in his book. "Mmm, sure." He set the book down and stood up.

Sara smiled as her hand slipped into his, causing Kal to gag playfully.

Sara glared at him. "Strange you would do that considering what we're about to go do."

Kal raised his finger as he was about to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth.

Janner laughed.

The three of them walked out of the castle, to the stables. They then saddled their horses, and rode all the way to Rysentown. 

Galya and her family lived in Rysentown. She had an adoptive mother, and an older brother, who was a year older than Janner. Rumor had it that Galya's older brother secretly had a crush on Sara, so Janner never really liked him. Meanwhile, Kal looked up to Galya's brother, named Nate, and adored him. The two spent a lot of time together, and it helped Kal to spend time with Galya.

"So, where first?" Janner asked, pulling his horse to a halt once they reached Rysentown.

Sara looked at Kal, who motioned his hand for them to follow him. He drove his horse to a small flower shop, in the center of town. Apparently Galya and her family owned a flower shop. 

"So, we can leave our horses in the town horse stalls." Kal said finally.

The three of them left their horses in the stall, then Kal went and bought some flowers from another local flower shop. Janner and Sara then went and hid behind some bushes while Kal went and gave Galya the flowers.

"This was really nice of you Kal." Galya said.

Kal blushed and toed at the dirt. "It was the least I could do after you helping me prank Janner." 

Galya laughed at the memory while Janner quietly scowled.

Sara took that as her cue to go talk with Galya. She stepped out of the bushes at another spot that wasn't visible where Kal and Galya were talking, then walked over to the two.

"Oh hi Sara! I didn't know you were here too." Galya said, surprised.

Sara smiled, and Janner felt his heart flutter.

"Well, I just had to run into town for a few things." Sara glanced at Kal. "Hey Galya, can I talk to you for a sec?"

Galya looked confused. "Uh, sure. We can talk over here." She led Sara to a more private spot in the town. Kal watched them walk off, as Janner stepped out of the bushes.

"So..." Kal started.

"So...you gonna finish that?"

Kal rolled his eyes at his brothers question. "You wouldn't mind having a joint wedding, would you?"

Janner laughed. "Kal, you're only 17. Still one year away from being of age to marry."

Kal shook his head. "And you're only 18. And probably one of the youngest royals to get married. Most wait till they're around 25 or something."

"You gotta remember that most of them didn't meet and fall in love with their significant other when they were only 11." Janner shot back.

Kal raised his hands in defense. "I stand corrected."

Janner laughed.