Chapter 7: The party

"Happy birthday Leeli!" Kalmar cried, loud enough that everyone in the ballroom could hear him. Leeli's birthday party was being held in the royal ballroom, even though she had requested for Nia not to make such a big fuss over it. Nia had happily ignored her daughters request, inviting lots of people from the Green Hollows, and some going uninvited to thank the hero of Ban Rona. 

"Thanks Kal." Leeli smiled. She turned to Nia. "I wish you hadn't made such a big fuss about my party Ma, but thank you."

Nia smiled at her daughter. "Of course! The hero of Ban Rona needs a big party!"

"Not really." Leeli laughed.

Meanwhile, Janner was being overly stressed out by the number of girls his age asking if he wanted to dance, not to mention being head of security for the party. The ballroom was filled with Hollish men and women so he didn't really have to worry about security. But, tons of Hollish and Annieran girls, who were his age, kept on asking if he wanted to dance with him. He politely turned them all down, but he felt like they never stopped asking,

"Kal, I don't think I'll be able to take anymore of this." Janner breathed.

Kal laughed. "Why don't you just go hide or something?"

"Because, well I'm the Throne Warden, and I have to remain present for you and Leeli's safety." Janner replied.

"Eh, uncle Artham is here, and I'm pretty sure that we'll be safe, since, you know, the whole room is filled with, well Hollish men and women." 

"Well, that's true." Janner considered what his brother said. "It isn't a bad idea."

"What isn't a bad idea?"

Janner and Kalmar turned around to see Sara looking at them suspiciously.

"Nothing, really." Janner said, a little too quickly. Sara looked at Kal.

"Girls keep asking Janner if he want's to dance but it's over-stressing him so I told him to hide." Kal blurted.

Janner sighed. "Ok, well that about sums it up."

Kalmar laughed, as Maraly Weaver walked up to them.

"Hi Mar!" Kalmar said, loudly. It was obvious he was happy to see her, since she was his best friend.

"Hey Kal, I'm surprised you aren't dancing with Galya, since she's your crush." Maraly laughed.

Kalmar blushed. 

Janner and Sara laughed.

Kal looked at Janner. "You're one to laugh."

Janner glared at his brother.

Maraly and Sara laughed.

Thorn O'Sally walked up to them. "Hey, have you seen Leeli?"

"Yeah, she's over there, by our ma." Kalmar said. "Why? Did ya get her a birthay present?"

Thorn shifted where he was standing. "Um yeah, a real good one, in my opinion."

"Ah, well carry on." Janner said.

Thorn left to find Leeli.

"Well, let's get this show on the road guys, and girls." Kal said, grinning.

Maraly grinned back.

"Uh oh, what do you two have planned?" Janner asked suspiciously.

"Nothing." The two answered, too quickly.

"Suuurre." Sara said.

It was at that moment that a cannon went off in the distance, signaling an emergency in Anniera.