Chapter 11: The Most Angering Dinner

"So, when you gonna ask?" Kal asked Janner.

Janner glared at his brother.

"Ask what?" Leeli asked, taking a bite from her stew.

It was dinner time, and probably the worst time for Kal to ask that question. Tomorrow was Sara's birthday, and Janner was a nervous wreck.

"Nothing." Janner said too quickly.

"I know you're lying." Nia said.

"No, it's just, something....important." Janner said, fumbling for words.

"Like what?" Sara, of all people, asked.

Janner put on a fake smile, glad she was sitting across from him and not next to him. She probably would have felt him shaking with nervousness.

"Nothing, just...something between me and Kal." Janner said, glaring at his brother.

Kal smirked. "What? You don't want to tell them?"

Janner sighed. "Kal."

"Whaaaaat?" Kal put on an innocent smile.

"You know."

"Okay obviously something is going on between you two. Spit it out." Artham said.

"It's nothing." Janner breathed.

"Obviously." Leeli muttered.

"Just leave them alone." Arundelle said, grinning at Janner.

Janner felt as though she could read his mind.

"I'm not hungry any more." Janner tosses his spoon back into his pretty full bowl of stew.

"I'll take it!" Without asking, Kal grabbed his bowl and began eating his stew.

Janner rolled his eyes as he excused himself from the table.