Chapter 25

"So, how are we gonna go about this?" Sara asked quietly.

Janner shrugged, then glanced at the Overseer. "Well, we need to be rid of him."

"But, what if one of those Fangs comes in here?" Sara asked.

Janner sighed. "I didn't even think about that. Here, I have an idea." He grabbed one of the swords, and used it to carve an opening in the back of the tent. "This will lead right into the Annieran forest. We can make a run for it." Janner looked at Sara. "You ready?"

Sara nodded her head. She moved closer to the opening.

"On three, we run." Janner said. "One."

"Two."

"Three!"

Janner and Sara bolted out of the tent, making sure to stay low, and hidden. They ran for a long time into the forest, expecting the Fangs to be hot on their tail.

Surprisingly, they weren't.

Janner slowed down, and collapsed behind a tree. Sara sat down next to him, both of them panting for air having just run for their lives.

"You...okay?" Janner asked gasping for air.

Sara nodded her head. "Let's...keep walking."

Janner used the tree to stand up, and helped Sara up.

"I wonder how far we are from the Castle." Janner thought aloud.

Sara shrugged. She then looked around. "Hey, that tree looks familiar." 

"Where?"

"Over there." She pointed at a large tree. 

Janner walked over to it. "It does look familiar. Wait-...I know this tree! Do you remember the time we came exploring in the forest a couple years ago?"

Sara rolled her eyes. "We've gone exploring in a bunch of forests many times Janner."

Janner laughed. "No, the one time that we found that super large tree with the strange markings on it?"

Sara thought for a second. "Oh yeah! I remember that!"

"Well, that tree, and this tree, are the same tree."

Sara examined the tree. "I found the markings! It is the same!"

Janner smiled. "So, if we know where this tree is-"

"Then we can find our way from here!" 

Janner nodded his head. "If I'm correct, judging by where the Sun is, we should be facing East."

"Which is the direction of the castle."

Janner smiled. "Let's go home."