Chapter 21

Kal sighed.

"You shouldn't feel guilty." Sara said.

"But I do." Kal snapped back.

Sara remained silent.

"Kal, this was his choice." Nia said.

"But, I pushed him!" Kal replied.

"If anything, I pushed him." Sara muttered.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Artham said quietly.

Nothing could have been further from the truth.

///////////////

Janner had been riding his horse for an hour now, searching the entire west side of the Rysen area. He passed a forest in the process. He remembered years ago, he and Sara had explored that forest, and had an amazing day together.

As he rode past the forest, a twig snapped. Janner stopped his horse, examining the woods. Nothing seemed out of order.

Until it did.

Janner looked around the edge of the woods, and noticed something. 

The animals that would normally be up this late in the day, were silent.

Something was definitely off.

Janner then smelled a foul smell in the air. Something about it was familiar.

Janner jumped off his horse, and grabbed his sword. He unsheathed it, and crept towards the trees. Suddenly, at least a dozen Grey Fangs jumped out, and circled him.

"Look what we've got here." One, who appeared to be the leader, snarled. 

Janner got into a fighting position. He lifted his sword in front of him.

The Fangs laughed. "Put your sword down boy, and we wont hurt you." The leader said.

Janner knew he was outnumbered, so he didn't want to risk anything. He slowly put his sword in the snow in front of him.

Before he knew what was happening, Janner felt a knee in his back, and fell into the snow. He felt his arms yanked to his back, and felt hard rope hold them together. He then was pulled up into a standing position. The leader Fang bared its teeth. "Fool. Take him to the camp."

The Fang holding Janner growled, then dragged him through the snow, into the woods.

//////////

Sara sighed. She  had a bad feeling, that something was happening to Janner.

She finally couldn't bare it any longer. "I have a bad feeling." She said. "I'm going to look for Janner."

"Sara," Nia started. "I'm sure he's fine."

"Then why do I have a bad feeling?"

Nia sighed. "Maybe, it's your mind playing tricks on you, since you were really worried for him when he left."

Sara sat back in the couch. "I guess you could be right."

Artham walked into the family room. He looked frantic.

"Artham, what's wrong?" Nia asked.

Artham glanced at Sara, then back at Nia.

Something was wrong.