Chapter 15

"Kal, um, not to nag or anything," Janner said. "But, uh what are we gonna do now?"

"We're just gonna stay calm and remain in the castle. We've got guards all around the castle, so it's pretty safe." Kal replied.

"But what if the Fangs get to the castle?" Sara asked, trying to hide the fear in her voice.

Janner grabbed her hand to comfort her. "They wont. I'll make sure of it."

She leaned into his embrace as Kalmar rolled his eyes at the couple. 

"Well, this certainly isn't how I expected this day to go." Janner said quiet enough to where only Sara could hear.

She laughed quietly. "At least I have you." She sighed.

Janner hugged her tighter, then leaned out of the hug enough to kiss her. She honestly was surprised when he did.

Kal gagged, loud enough for the kiss to break.

He laughed. "Sorry to ruin the moment." He chuckled.

Sara rolled her eyes, then kissed Janner again.

Kal walked out of the courtroom, jokingly gagging the whole way. 

A few seconds later, Leeli walked back into the courtroom, to grab a few things she had left behind.

"Oh come on! We're in a life-or-death situation right now!" She said when she saw Janner and Sara.

That statement broke the kiss.

Janner sighed, then turned to his sister. "Well, the Fangs haven't reached Rysentown yet, so we're safe for now."

"Let's hope it stays that way." Leeli said.