Chapter 32

The moment Nate had left, Leeli jumped onto her houndrick and drove it into the woods, searching for Janner.

It took her around 15 minutes, but eventually she found him. He was talking to Sara when she pulled up on her houndrick.

"Leeli?" Janner noticed her urgent look. "What's wrong?"

Leeli nervously laughed. "Um, can we talk for a minute? In private?" 

Janner looked at Sara then shrugged, and followed his sister away from the tree.

"What's up?" He asked  once they were out of earshot from Sara.

"Apparently Nate has feelings for Sara." Leeli whispered.

Janner frowned. "I know. But he's never made a move on them."

Leeli glanced at Sara, who was pacing around the tree, then continued. "He came by earlier to see Galya, but when I told him Sara was her too, along with you and Kal, he seemed like he wanted to talk to her."

"To Galya?"

"No! To Sara!"

"Shh! You don't want Sara to hear." Janner hissed.

Leeli sighed. "Fine, but what are you gonna do about Nate? He seems kind of mad."

Janner shrugged. "I don't know! What can I do about a guy who's after the love of my life, but also happens to be at least a full head taller than me, and trained in the ways of the Durgans!?"

Leeli sighed. "I don't know."

Janner ran his hands through his hair.

Leeli looked over at Sara, who was now sitting under the tree.

"Actually, I don't think you need to worry about Nate." She said.

"And why's that?" Janner asked.

"Because Sara chose you."

"What?" Janner looked at her.

"Heck, Sara's been head-over-heels in love with you since you were thirteen! I doubt she plans on ditching you anytime in the future."

That helped Janner feel better, but he still couldn't remove the little bit of worry from his mind.

"Thanks Leeli." Janner said quietly.

Leeli smiled. "What are sisters for?"

"So, now are you gonna tell me what's up?" Sara asked once Janner and Leeli walked back to the tree.

Leeli looked at Janner, who shook his head. "Nothing for you to worry about. Just...siblings stuff."

Sara seemed satisfied with that answer. "Alright. Wait-I think I see Kal and Galya walking over here!"

Sure enough, in the distance, Kal and Galya were walking over.

Holding hands.

Kalmar had teased Janner and Sara maaaany times in their relationship.

So, now was payback time.

"So, how' life?" Sara asked once they made it over to them.

"When's the wedding?" Janner asked innocently.

Kal and Galya turned deep red.

"Uh, jokes on you, we're not of age yet." Kal retorted, somehow not being able to look at Galya.

Sara grinned at Janner.

Janner grinned back. 

Leeli decided to join in on the torture. "Soo how many kids do you want?"

Kal frowned as Galya blushed even harder.

Janner looked at Sara and Leeli, giving them a look that seemed to mean 'Let's leave them alone now'.

A bell rang in the distance, signaling dinner at the castle.

"Ah! We're gonna be late for dinner!" Kal exclaimed.

Janner laughed.

"Oh, Galya, I forgot to tell you, Nate stopped by earlier." Leeli said.

Sara noticed that Janner frowned as Leeli said that.

"Oh really? What'd he say?" Galya asked.

"He said to tell you that he'd meet you at your house." Leeli replied.

Galya sighed. "Alright, I better head back then."

"Oh, you sure you don't want to stay for dinner?" Sara asked her friend. "I'm sure Kal would loooove for you to stay."

Kal and Galya blushed. 

"Um, well, no, maybe another time, me and Nate have something special to go over." Galya said. "But thanks for the invite!"

Sara smiled as Galya hurried off.

Janner turned to his brother. "So."

"So..." Kal trailed off. He had a dreamy look in his eyes.

Janner grinned. "What happened back there?"

Kal jumped. "Oh, what? Oh-we-uh-are courting now."

Janner smiled. "See? You did it."

Kal smiled sheepishly as the 4 of them headed back to the castle.