Chapter 4 (Sara)

Everyone put their bags down. The well was beautiful. Both Artham and Arundelle had reflective looks on their faces. They're probably composing poetry on it. Sara thought. 

A hush fell on the group when Artham stepped forward with Janner's body. He went and sat Janner's body on the rim of the well, then he pulled out a flask. 

Sara felt her body tense up. As if she hadn't done enough crying over the last few days, she felt tears rush to her eyes. 

Artham looked at the family. "Did you all discuss what I brought to you earlier?"

Sara was confused, as nobody had come to her with anything.

Kalmar nodded his head. "Yes, and we all agree. She should do it."

Artham nodded his head. "Alright. Sara, please come here."

Sara walked over to where Artham was standing, next to Janner's body. Her eyes teared up just looking at his body. 

"Here," Artham handed her the flask, now full with water from the well. "Pour it in."

"Should I really do this?" Sara wondered aloud.

Artham nodded his head, then looked at the family. "We all voted and it was unanimous. You should do it."

"But-but why?"

"There are many reasons, one of them being the fact that you love him, in a much different way than us, his relatives do."

Sara blushed, seeing Kalmar snicker.

She looked down at Janner's body, and his handsome face. Memories of when they first met flashed through her mind. One second, Janner had been orderly with his siblings, and the next he was stuttering like crazy with her. She had suspected he "liked" her, and to be honest, she "liked" him to. Over the months of being apart, Janner in Glipwood and Sara in Torrborro, those feelings still existed, but when the two met at the Fork Factory, well something about it had made Sara's feelings grow rapidly towards him. 

"Sara, go ahead." Artham said quietly.

Sara uncapped the flask, and poured a few drops in.