Chapter 17

In the morning when everyone got up, they were all still very tired. Janner kept pondering what Artham had said the night before, while Sara pondered what Arundelle had said. Everyone else noticed how quiet they were, and how they weren't really listening that day.

Nia confronted Artham about it once she had him alone in the kitchen.

"Janner seems to be acting differently today." She said. "And so does Sara."

Artham smiled. "He's just...got some stuff on his mind."

"But what about Sara?" Nia asked.

"She's also got some stuff on her mind." 

Nia and Artham turned and saw Arundelle standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Like what? And how do you even know that's what's going on?" Nia asked.

Artham and Arundelle grinned. "We...talked to them last night. I talked to Janner, and Arundelle talked to Sara."

"On what?" Nia asked.

"Well...on marriage." Arundelle said.

"Marriage?" Nia felt surprised. She hadn't expected them, being only 18, to already be thinking about marriage. But, then again, it was Janner and Sara, who had been in love since they were only 13. So, Nia could sort of see it.

"So, you sat them both down-"

"I talked to Janner separately, as did Arundelle and Sara." Artham said.

Nia nodded her head. "Okay, that makes sense. I guess."

Artham chuckled. "Janner wants to pop the question."

Arundelle smiled. "And, Sara is trying to learn patience."

Nia laughed at the last statement. "So, Janner wants to ask the question, and Sara is growing impatient while waiting for him?"

Artham and Arundelle nodded their heads.

Nia smiled. This was going to be fun to watch, Janner and Sara.

...

Janner sighed. He had been wanting to ask Sara 'the question' as Kal called it, but it seemed like Sara was quite content with how things were. He was still going to ask, no doubt about that, but he wasn't sure about when and where.

"Janner? You okay?" Leeli asked as she sat in the family room with him.

Janner sighed. "Yes, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes, very sure."

Leeli looked concerned for him. "Okay, because you seem to be acting different."

"I just have a lot on my mind. That's all."

"Does it concern a certain someone?" Leeli giggled.

"Depends on who you mean."

Leeli rolled her eyes. "You know who I mean. I know what you've been wanting to do, or should I say, ask."

Janner sighed. "Alright, you've found me out."

"You know, she'll say yes."

"And how do you know?"

"Because I know her, and how in love with you she is."

Janner blushed. "But, what if she's content with how things are right now?"

Leeli smiled. "I know for a fact that she isn't."

"And how? Did she tell you?"

"Yes."

Janner looked shocked. "So you mean, like she actually wants me to ask her?"

Leeli giggled. "Yes! Where've you been? Haven't you noticed how much she talks about those kind of things?"

Janner sighed. "I guess not."

Leeli returned to her serious manner. "I know she'll say yes Janner. I just know."

Janner forced a smile. "I sure hope so."

"So, when are you gonna ask her?" Leeli asked.

"Um, I-I...don't know actually. With everything that's been happening lately, I've been too busy to think about it."

"I'm sure where ever you ask, she'll say yes. It doesn't even matter where you ask."

Janner considered what his sister said. He didn't even think about that, that the 'where' didn't matter. 

"I didn't even think about that." Janner thought aloud.

Leeli smiled. "Heck, if you asked her right now, she'd say yes."

That statement hit Janner like a rollercoaster.

He got up quickly. "I..uh I'll be right back."

"Looking for someone?" Leeli asked, giggling.

"If you're looking for Sara, she's in the library."

Janner and Sara turned and saw Artham standing in the family room doorway, with Nia, Arundelle, and Kalmar behind him.

Janner turned red. "Um, okay thanks."

He sped out of there.