Chapter 22

"Artham, what's wrong?" Nia asked.

Artham sighed. "Sara, would you please let Nia and I talk privately?"

Sara was confused, but nodded her head. She walked out of the room, as Artham closed the door behind her. Sara was curious as to what was going on, so she put her ear to the door and listened in.

"We're getting some reports from the towns nearest to us." Artham said quietly.

"On what? Fangs?" Nia asked.

Artham shook his head. "No, but on...someone in the castle."

"What do you mean?" Nia asked, eager to know.

"There's gossips going around Anniera about Janner...and Sara."

"What?"

"Yeah. Some people don't think that they should be together. Some people think that Janner should be with someone who is royalty, from another country." Artham sighed. "Some think that Sara shouldn't be close with our family."

"Because she isn't royalty."

"People say that since she's got no importance to any country, that Janner shouldn't waste his life with her."

Nia sighed. "This isn't good. You know Janner will be furious to hear of this."

"I just wonder how Sara will take it."

Sara sighed. So, people were really against her and Janner's engagement. She teared up about the thought of not being with Janner. 

"But there's more." Artham said, almost in a whisper.

"Like what?" Nia asked.

Sara was considering going back into the room when a voice startled her. 

"Sara? What're you doing?" Kal asked, standing behind her.

"Shh! Stay quiet." She whispered. Kal shrugged then put his ear on the door. 

Artham and Nia didn't seem to have heard Kal, since they continued talking.

"Some people think that Janner should be with the Skreean King's daughter." Artham said sadly.

Kal gasped at that.

"Why?" Nia asked.

"Because, she's smart, rich, beautiful, and fun, I guess." Artham shrugged. "Some people think that if Janner actually met her, that he'd drop Sara because apparently, the princess is said to be one of the most beautiful women in Skree."

Sara sighed.

Kal shook his head. He whispered to Sara, "My brother only wants you. Heck, I've asked him questions, and he considers you the most beautiful girl in Aerwiar. You've got nothing to worry about."

Sara smiled a bit, and blushed. She didn't know that that's what Janner thought of her.

Artham spoke again. "I'm sure this wont change anything, Nia."

Nia sighed. "I hope so. I mean, look at how much they're in love."

Kal snickered.

Sara blushed.

Artham chuckled. "I remember all those times we'd catch them trying to sneak away from Kal."

Sara looked at Kal, who rolled his eyes.

"And the times that they'd go off exploring some random forest, eager to learn."

Nia smiled. "This new, report, wont change anything."

Artham nodded his head. "Let's hope so."

Sara sighed. She didn't want to make Janner's name a disgrace in Anniera. That wouldn't help with the kingdom still getting back on its feet.

Kal nudged her arm. "I've seen how he looks at you. To Janner, you're his entire world."

Sara smiled. She sure hoped she didn't have anything to worry about.