CHAPTER - 3

AUTHOR'S POV

(Malhotra's Residence)

"Bhabhi please help me to select a necklace to pair with this saree." Anurag's Chachi (Puja Malhotra) said to Anurag's Mom (Radhika Malhotra) while showing her saree.

"Okay , but where are you going now ?" Radhika said .

"Bhabhi i'm not going anywhere ,it's for Arnav's wedding ". "Please help me na I'm so confused " Puja said .

" Okay, show me the saree first"."Here pair this necklace with the saree it will look good"Radhika said .

"Thank you Bhabhi , I must say you really have a good choice" . " I know whoever will be your daughter-in -law ,she will be extraordinary " Puja said while smiling.

" But I don't think that my dear son will ever give me the chance to see him getting married ". Radhika said sadly .

" Uff !! Bhabhi don't talk bad about Anurag ".
" We all know how he is ,it's just that we have to give him some time ". "Don't worry he will get married when the right time will come " Puja said .

"I hope for that right time to come before I die " Radhika said .

(Karmakar Enterprises)

"We are glad to sign this deal with you Mr. Karmakar" Mr.Gupta said to Vansh while shaking hands .

"My pleasure Mr.Gupta ,after all you are one of the oldest client of this company" Vansh said .

"And one of the bestest " Kiara said while smiling.

" No doubt ,Neil always takes the best decision " Mr. Gupta said while laughing.
" He was so sure of your's and Kiara's capability that he knew you both will make this company a big success" Mr. Gupta said.

"Thank you Mr. Gupta " Vansh said while smiling.

"Well now I should take my leave , and please tell Neil to meet me ,it's been a while since we had hangout" Mr.Gupta said .

"Sure uncle we will , and you please take care of your health" Kiara said .

" I will beta , you don' t worry " Mr .Gupta said and left the conference room.

"Congratulations Kiara , you've have done a great job " Vansh said .

"Bhai! don't tease me ". " I know you are lying ,that was not the best " Kiara said .

"I' m not lying ,trust me this is the best presentation i've ever seen " . Vansh said .

" Fine " . "Shit I forgot about maa ".
" Bhai it's already 6: 30 i'm leaving otherwise maa will definitely not spare me this time " Kiara said hurriedly .

"Yes , you go home I'm coming in an hour, I have some work to finish " Vansh said .

"Bye bhai ! I'm leaving " Kiara said and hurriedly left the conference room .

" Drive safely " Vansh shouted from behind.

(Karmakar's residence )

Kiara parked her car in the garage and got down from the car in a hurry . She ringed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door .

The door was opened by Jyoti ( House help). She greeted her with a smile and left for her room .She was on her way to her room , just then Mrs. Karmakar came down from the staircase .

" Beta when did you come ? "Mrs. Karmakar said .

" Just now maa " Kiara said.

"Oh ,go and freshen up beta , then we will have dinner together"Mrs. Karmakar said smiling .

" Yes maa" Kiara said and left for her room .

After getting freshen up Kiara went downstairs for dinner .

"Maa, it's feels like something is missing right , as bhai and baba are not here " Kiara said while pouting .

"Yes ,beta it does " . "They must be busy otherwise the would have been here by now " .
Kiara just hummed .

"Maa you said you want to talk to me about something ". " What is it you want to talk about ?" Kiara said.

Mrs. Karmakar thought for some seconds and said " Beta I want you to think about marriage ".

" What??". "Marriage"." Not now maa I'm just 25 " Kiara said .

"That's why I'm say this " . "And I'm not telling you to get married next month , I'm just saying you to think about it " Mrs. Karmakar said .

"Still maa......." Mrs. Karmakar cut her off and said "Kiara everyone had to get settled at some age , if not now then maybe some years later , but eventually one had to ".

" But maa you know na I have dreams " Kiara said .

"Who said that you cannot work on your dreams after getting married? " " I also had dreams when I got married to your father , but marriage had never became a barrier between me and my dreams "." Infact your father has always been my biggest supporter ,and because of him only, today i'm a successful Neurologist "Mrs. Karmakar said.

" Kiara we will find a perfect partner for you ,who will love you more than us "Mrs. Karmakar said while smiling softly.

" I know maa you will ,i'm just scared of this marriage thing "kiara said sadly.

" Everything will change after marriage maa , my surname ,address, I will become someone's wife ,someone's daughter-in - law and what not ,even I will have to live in another house where you ,baba and bhai will not be present " Kiara said sadly .

" I know this is common every girl fears about these things, but don't worry everything will work out in the end " Mrs. Karmakar said .

"Besides you are my brave daughter , I know you will be a good wife and a good daughter-in-law " Mrs. Karmakar said while smiling .

Kiara also smiled softly and then they started talking about some other things.

***************************************

Please share your feedback and do like this chapter if you enjoyed it .