CHAPTER - 38

AUTHOR'S POV

After all the celebration it's now time to get unready, she can't stop blushing as she remembered the way he was looking at her as she was performing the rituals.

She never thought that she would be this happy after getting married and seeing her parents smiling today she felt relieved that she did the best thing.

She is being seated in front of the mirror doing her night skincare routine ,just then the door opened and Anurag entered the room carrying a bag with himself.

She looked at him through the mirror as he took some slow steps and stood behind her ,she waited for him to say something.

"This is for you " he said softly extending a box towards her.

"I know you will say there's no need ,and I also know that you have many beautiful jewelleries but please accept this ,consider it my first gift to you" he said all in one go scratching the back of his neck in nervousness.

She chuckled and turned towards him
"I never said that I will not accept this Mr.Malhotra" she said smiling and
opening the box she saw a beautiful sapphire pendant encrusted with diamonds all around shining in its glory .

He said" I hope you liked this"

She just smiled nodding her head and again went back to admiring the present.

He also smiled seeing her smile and slowly took backward steps ready to leave when she said

" Gift sirf diya he nai jaata balki pehnaya bhi jaata hai" his steps halted then and there.

He turned to find her looking straight at him through the mirror,he smiled and walked towards her, she got up extending the box towards him and her lips curved up into a smile as he made her wear the pendant.

He further snaked his arm around her waist, hugging her from behind .She also leaned her head on his chest as they were staring at each other's reflection on the mirror.

AFTER FEW WEEKS

"Shut up guys what's funny in this ?"Kiara whined.

" You should ask what not" Sharaddha said laughing.

"You are saying that it's been 4 months of your marriage and you still haven't kissed your husband whom you love"Shraddha added .

" Are you guys for real?" Srishti asked dramatically.

"You better shut up, you haven't told us what's cooking between you and Vikram" Kiara said

"Hey!! nothing is cooking between me and him "

"Accha,then why he keeps texting you 24/7" and just then Srishti's phone which is on the table buzzed with a notification showing a message from his number.

"See now who is speechless" Kiara said smirking and Shrishti looked away after being caught red handed.

"Why do I have this feeling that both of you had betrayed me" Shraddha said.