CHAPTER - 49

ANURAG'S POV

I don't know why I did that, I just listened to what my heart said and did without thinking further, considering it as an apology for not doing anything.Yup that's the case but why am I feeling bad for letting her go?

It feels like someone I shouldn't have let go of but why?

She doesn't know me nor do I know her,I just met her today we are complete strangers, then why is my heart not at ease?I think I need to go for therapy asap otherwise it will get worse only.

Now who is knocking at the door, will somebody leave me in peace? Bracing myself I said come in. I was not over from the previous incident yet when my destiny brought me in front of...............
...................................Her.

Turning around I saw her, the face I didn't want to but is internally dying to see from the past 6 years.

Taking my time to make sure it's not one of my dreams but the reality and she is really here,standing in front of me. It's really hard to tell if this is a dream or not but even if it is, I want to live it to the fullest.It feels like my soul is back after being lost for years or more like a dead soul getting a new life.

We stood there frozen till what felt like eternity, her shocked expression is normal now,just her trying to look at every other thing present inside the room other than me.

"You here?" I asked trying my best that it sounds like a question though it is not.

"The owner has sent me here to discuss the matter with their head,but I think I have entered the wrong office" she replied after a long time to which nodded.

"No,it's me " I said assuring her.

"Oh" she said softly blessing my ears with her sweet voice.

I was about to say anything further when her phone started ringing ,I saw her expression getting changed upon seeing the caller Id it is a video call but that's only what I can see from the distance .

She tried to cut the call but due to her shaking hands the exact opposite happened,which is fine I gave her space and moved to the corner to give her privacy but the next thing that happened completely blew away my mind.

"Mumma!!!!" My ears pricked hearing this .

"See my new dress which Uncle bought for me" I heard her excited voice which sounds familiar to me .

Before I could see anything else she quickly hung up the call.Fear evident in her eyes but for what?

And why is this child addressing her as her mother? Is it really her own child?She has moved on so easily?

"No it can't be" I assured myself but my inner self said otherwise after all it's 6 fucking year.That's a alot.

I know all that photos were fake,she didn't told me anything but I know it is fake ,she was forced to do all that.But what this is now? Could it be ours? Or what if it's not? I need to know the truth.

"Was that your daughter?" I asked trying my best not to stutter even when my heart is beating fast hoping the answer to be negative.

"Yes she is" and here goes the most heart wrenching reply.

For the first time in life I wanted the answer to be a 'No' but all I got as a reply broke me into further pieces.

"Oh" that's all I could speak

"How old is she?"

"That's personal" simple and sorted, enough to shut me up ,I just nodded my head in reply.