CHAPTER - 47

KIARA'S POV

I stood there watching him coming close to me,his lips curved up in a small smile and as he came closer I saw tear stain on his cheeks.

He was also crying but for what?

I came back to my senses as he gently wiped my tears from my cheeks and that's when I realised I am also crying.

"I am sorry" he said and that was enough for me to break down then and there.

I burst into crying as he quickly hugged me,his warmth engulfing me .I let out all the pain I had been hiding inside myself and cried in his embrace after all I am hugging my Father after so many years.

I stayed hugging him and cried myself out for don't know how many hours but still I am not done,a lot more is still there which will not go this easily.I heard other three womans crying hearing my wailings. Slowly looking up at him I took several steps back distancing myself from him,hurt visible in his teary eyes.

I just kept staring at the floor in the shame of being so sensitive that I couldn't even hold myself together for even a minute and showed everyone how weak I am.Another name has been added to my names list of being a gold digger,cheater etc that is weak.

I admit I am that's why I broke down into tears seeing my Father crying because of me.He is my Father afterall I can't see him crying even in the worst.

"I am sorry" he whispered again wiping my tears.

I looked here and there avoiding making any eye contact with him .

"Please forgive me I know I am the worst father but please don't go, punish me so that I can pay for my sins .That's how I will be able to die in peace" he said in his broken voice and I looked up hearing him.

"No! don't say this!" " Nothing will happen to you" I said.

"I abandoned you at that time when you needed me the most and said you so many things when you were innocent all the time,there's no punishment for my sins,I should rot in hell for what I did to you." "But still being shameless I am asking for you to forgive me so that I can be at peace, how selfish I am!" I hear him silently words not coming out of my mouth.

"Ki!" I hear only to get pulled into a hug by my Mother,her perfume hitting my nostrils,it's still soothing and addicting to me since I was a kid.

"How have you been?" she asked me .I remember I didn't even get to meet her before I left from here.She didn't say anything bad to me that day, she just simply left me on my own.It hurts.

"I am good M-aa" the word not coming out of my mouth.

"How are you?" I asked her .

"Just living with the hope of seeing you again" she said in between her sobs .Wiping my tears I broke the hug when my stare fell on other people present there.

Ivy came towards me and hold both of my hands,hanging her head low as her few tear drops fell on my hands.Not to forget the guilt I saw in her eyes before I pulled her into a hug .She didn't say anything just cried hugging me back .

Breaking the hug I went near them who used to be my in-laws, bending down to touch their feet,even though I don't live here but I haven't forgotten my roots neither one should that's what I believe.

But before I could Mrs.Malhotra pulled me in a hug and began crying miserably than she was before.

I didn't know what to do so I just stayed like that telling her to stop crying when Anvi who was seeing all this questioned

"Why everone is crying?" she asked me pulling my dress.

Now how do I explain her everything .

"And who are they Mumma? Uncle said you know them,I should also know then?" Anvi asked staring at me with her innocent eyes.

I looked at Bhai for answers "That's your call not mine" he just simply said as if he hasn't pulled a big stunt to bring me back to India.

"Mumma say something,I am taiting" she said and I sighed.

"Waiting it is" I said correcting her to which she replied with an 'Okay'.

Bending down to her level and fixing her hair which was little disheveled I spoke "They are your grand parents" I finally spoke just to see her lips curved up into a big smile,one I have never seen on her face before as her eyes sparkle with happiness.

I melt here completely!!

"Go greet them " I told her
Seeing her smiling in pure joy as she is seated in the middle of her grand parents and telling them about her school and her favourite game,I don't think I did anything wrong by telling her.Afterall she is a kid what's her fault,if I am unlucky in love ?I should not keep her away from the love and care she deserves.

I was in my thoughts when the seat near me dipped,looking up I saw the most unexpected person.I do not hate him nor others, because he was right in his place ,if I would have been in his shoes then I would have also done the same nor I hold any grudge against anyone,I have forgiven then long back,but a part of me has always been against of restarting things from where I left.

"I will not ask you to forgive me,I know there is no forgiveness for my deeds,in fact I am here to beg you to return home.It hasn't been home since you left.I promise I won't come there, nor I will show you my face but please come back" said Mr.Malhotra joining his hands,head hung low in shame.

"Don't say like this,I have forgiven you long back!" I said .

"It means you are coming with us!!" Mrs.Malhotra said smiling.

"No!" I denied immediately and hearing this her face fell instantly along with others.

"I can't go there,that's not my house" " We will be staying in a hotel for now!" I spoke firmly to which nobody said anything.

AFTER FEW HOURS

ANURAG'S POV

"Don't worry I'll handle that,just send me the time, the rest I will take care" I said over the phone.

She is a sweet and humble person,and has a very big heart ,the way she takes care of all the children and runs the orphanage on her own is outstanding.

And helping her is my honour and my way of repaying for my deeds because of which I am where I am today.

But what is wrong with everyone here, can't they stop staring? Haven't they seen any man in a grocery store before or is it my outfit?

Well I am in a suit the one I wore at the conference and didn't bother myself to change it because who cares,not me at least ,I have stopped caring years ago.

Picking some instant noodle packets and throwing them in my basket I looked for some other things when a particular section caught my eye.It was the section of chocolates.

I tried hard to stop myself from thinking about that person,and tried to divert my mind by focusing on my shopping.But do things go the way I want ? No! Absolutely not.

My eyes again moved towards that section,a boy with his father is now standing there,choosing his favourite chocolate.That unintentionally brought a smile on my face.Within few minutes other kids along with their parents also came there buying theirs.

I stood there watching them,if only things would have been in favour of my luck then I would have been standing there with my little one buying her chocolates.

Yes, her though I don't want to discriminate,I would be happy as long as the child is healthy but I would want a girl child for myself.Daughters are special indeed, and that Father-Daughter bond is way beyond any explanation .

Only few get to experience that and I am definitely not on the list.Feeling pity for me, right.

"Caught you!!" I heard a sweet voice as two small arms got wrapped around me fluttering my heart from inside,giving me a strange feeling.Something I have never felt before but always lounged for.

***************************************

Do comment and like this chapter if you enjoyed it.