CHAPTER - 12

KIARA'S POV

It feels so good to be back to office .After all the Chaos caused on the dinner table that day ,I needed this fresh start.

It's been two day since I haven't talked to my family properly including Baba also ,yes I am angry. And why wouldn't I be?

He did not even told me once before fixing my marriage .I felt hurt .

And out of all the people he only got to choose that idiot for me who has nothing except for arrogance and rudeness in him,only god knows which good quality he has seen in him ,so he wanted me to get married to that arrogant arse.

When all I want is to kill him with my own hands. His name is only enough to make my blood boil.
Then how am I supposed to spend my whole life with him ?

And not to forget the way he talked to my father . That arrogant arse .
If given a chance I will teach him a good lesson someday .

"Good Morning Uncle " I greeted Guard uncle as I entered the building .He is a sweet person and always treats me like his own daughter ,he has been working here from years , since my father started this business. We are really honoured for his love and sincerity towards the company.

After greeting back several other employees on my way I entered my office.The warm and fresh lavender aroma engulfing me .

Ahh!! I love lavender ,it soothes my soul.

I took a good five minutes time and got settled on my chair .After all it's time for some real work.

Let's see which files I need to work on .

AUTHOR'S pov

Kiara was organizing the files when a file fell down from her table ,she picked up that file and got confused because this file was supposed to be in her brother's cabin ,as this is their upcoming project .
She opened that file and saw there were no signatures .

"What the hell?" "Why is it not signed yet ?"

"Did the meeting got postponed because I clearly remember the meeting was on saturday ?" She asked herself.

She was engaged in her thoughts when she saw other files of their upcoming projects on her table . And this was enough for her to evince that many things had gone wrong in her absence.

AFTER FEW MOMENTS

Kiara was on her way to Vansh's office to ask him about the files ,where on the halfway she met Kunal (Vansh's Secretary) , she greeted him back and turned towards her brother's office and as she was about to enter ,a thought clicked her mind .

She turned back and called for kunal .
"Yes ma'am ,you called me "
"Yes" "Can you tell why this file was in my office when it was supposed to be in bhai's office?"

"And why is it not signed yet ,When the meeting was scheduled on monday?" She asked.

Kunal was horrified hearing these questions and the way she was glaring at him he knew he had no option other than to speak the truth.

KIARA'S POV

Betrayed is all what I am feeling now ,first my father didn't told me about that marriage proposal and then my brother, he also didn't told me that the company is facing huge losses,and we have lost few of our important investors .
The thing which is bothering me is not that nobody told me about this ,but the fact that they tried to hide all this from me .

Am I so incapable that they didn't even thought once before hiding this from me?

I have also put my hardwork in these projects ,didn't I deserved to get informed ,besides that I also hold an important position in the company.

What is wrong with everyone these days,nobody thinks for me before taking any decision even if it includes taking my life decisions ,Baba also did not thought to have a talk with me before fixing my marriage ,and Bhai he also did the same .

Am I a burden on them, that they wanted to marry me off and get rid off that burden ?

Maybe yes.

Here I am continuously crying inside my office from the past few hours,I know I should not cry but trust me, I am trying but I am not able to control my tears from falling .

I didn't expected them to do something like this to me , after all I was their lovable Ki ,right?

Whoever has said that cry as much as you want, it will make you feel better ,has lied gracefully.

It hurts more as much as you cry .You won't feel better ,instead you will get to know how broken you are from inside.

Why did they have to do that ? Was I really troubling them ?

They could have told me earlier ,I wouldn't have said no to the marriage .

But to my luck now Anurag will also not accept me ,after what I spoke on the dinner table that day .

Infact nobody will.

AUTHOR'S pov

Kiara locked up herself in her room for the rest of the day and as she was angry previously so everyone thought that she is not coming downstairs because she of her anger.

Meanwhile she was laying in her bed and on loop thinking about everything what happened today .

And that same thought keeps coming into her mind all over and over again ,that is something which she had never thought in a million years she would do .

NEXT MORNING

(Malhotra Industries)

Anurag was busy in a video conference ,where he needed a file immediately, so he called his secretary through the intercom but even after numerous called Abhinav isn't showing up .

Having no other option he decided to go and check by himself.

"Just a minute I'll be back" He said to his clients and went outside .

As he went outside he saw the floor empty but as he moved forward he heard some noises coming from downstairs.

He quickly headed downstairs and saw crowd gathered near the reception area.

"What is happening here?" He asked in his strict tone .

And as he said that ,everyone looked towards him but his eyes ,well where it could be when she is here.

"Ms. Karmakar ?" He whispered to
himself.

***************************************

Please share your feedback and do like this chapter if you enjoyed it .