CHAPTER - 5

AUTHOR'S POV

(Karmakar's Residence)

Today is saturday and as per their family tradition everyone is sitting on the terrace and having their icecream while stargazing.

"Kiara how are you feeling now ?" Vansh asked .

"Better" Kiara said softly.

"What had happened to you ?" "Are you sick ?" Mr.Karmakar asked.

"Do you have fever ?" Mrs. Karmakar asked.

They were asking non-stop questions .Not giving her a single chance to say something.

"Maa - Baba!" Kiara said a little loudly to stop them .

"Relax ,I'm fine and no i'm not sick " Kiara said.

"Then what is Vansh talking about?" Mrs. Karmakar asked.

"I was feeling tired ,so I told him that I want to go home and rest ,that's it " Kiara said .

"Oh " Both Mr & Mrs. Karmakar said in unison.

They were engaged in their conversations when Vansh got a call . He excused himself and went towards the other side of the terrace .

He came back after  good 15 minutes. But this time stress was lingering on his face . He sat on his seat and tried to pretend that everything is fine.

After a while everybody went to their respective rooms .Vansh was also in his room when he heard a knock on the door . He opened the door to find his father outside .

"Baba" Vansh said while opening the door wide for his father to enter his room.

"I had a talk with Kunal (Vansh's Secretary) he told me about company's condition ". Mr. Karmakar said .

" What did you thought that if you will not tell me about the problem ,I won't get to know about it ?" Mr. Karmakar scolded Vansh .

"I understood that something is wrong the moment I saw your face after you attended that phone call" Mr. Karmakar said.

"Tell me you have grown up that much that now you won't be sharing serious problems with your parents? Huh ? " Mr. Karmakar asked.

"Baba I was about to tell you but before that I wanted to try to solve this issue first " Vansh said sadly .

"Sorry baba my intention was not to hurt you " Vansh said apologetically.

"I'm sorry baba for not not being a good ceo as you were , i'm the only cause of this problem " "Today because of my carelessness we had lost our two big projects, and our company is suffering from big loss" Vansh was on the verge of crying .

Mr. Karmakar hugged him and said "Now if once again you said sorry to me for not being a good ceo then you will get a slap from me".
"And this is normal in business,sometimes we get profit and sometimes loss" " It's nowhere the ceo's fault, sometimes situations are not in our control beta" Mr. Karmakar said .

"Please don't blame yourself for this " "And you are the best ceo ,trust me"Mr. Karmakar said and broke the hug.

" No baba i'm not "Vansh said .

" Yes you are and I am not saying this because you are my son " Mr. Karmakar said.

While Vansh looked at him being confused and asked "How ?"

"Because a good boss doesn't let his employes suffer in any condition and you also did the same ,you didn't postpone the raise of the employees even on this condition " Mr. Karmakar said .

"Beta don't be so hard on yourself ,take some rest and then think about what to do " "And don't ever loose faith in yourself " Mr.Karmakar said and once again hugged Vansh and left for his room.

NEXT MORNING

Kiara went downstairs for breakfast and frowned after finding only her parents sitting there.But did not said anything and sat on her place .

She noticed that today her father and mother both are acting very weird ,the breakfast table had never been this silent ,to change the atmosphere she made some funny conversations but nothing seemed to work.

After a lot of debating she finally asked "Maa where is bhai ?"

"He went to office" Mrs. Karmakar said.

"Office?" "This early that too on Sunday" "Why though?" Kaira asked.

"He got an urgent meeting so he had to leave this early" Mr.Karmakar said.

"Okay"Kiara said but she knows that something is wrong but chose not to say anything as for now.

On the other hand Mr.&Mrs.Karmakar and Vansh they all had decided to not tell kiara about the company's problem ,unless they found a solution because they don't want her to take any stress.

(Malhotra's Residence)

He was working on his laptop when his phone ringed he looked at the caller id and with a smirk on his face he picked up the call.

OTP

" Sir the work is done" a worker said .

"Good ,the money will get transferred to your account in few minutes " Yash Malhotra (Anurag's father) said with a smirk on his face.

"Now it's time for the second step " Mr.Malhotra said with a huge smirk.

(Karmakar Enterprises)

NEXT DAY

MR.KARMAKAR'S POV

I was talking on my phone trying to fix the problem as early as possible because today morning our another four investors had stepped back from investing in our company.

Last night our two important investors had also stepped back .And they are not even giving us proper reason of why they are stepping back . Vansh had not slept yesterday, the whole night he was making phone calls and sending emails asking for help .It seems like all the clients and investors had team up to go against us .

I was on my phone when I heard a knock the door opened as I said come in .And my face left all the colours because the person I was least expecting or to be specific don't want to expect ever was infront of me .

After all Malhotra's don't pay visit unless you owe them something very precious.

Do they ??

***************************************

Please share your feedback and do like this chapter if you enjoyed it.