CHAPTER - 46

AUTHOR'S POV

The whole office is filled with chaos as the press conference is going to start in 15 minutes but there is still no sign of his arrival.

"Ma'am,Sir is not picking up the call" said someone.

"Will he show up or not?" whispered someone from the crowd.

"You'll stop gossiping and get back to your work!!" Ivy shouted at everyone.
She then dialled his number from her phone but it didn't get connected.

"Ma'am you have to take his place in the conference" said his secretary.

"Like I have been doing for the past 6 years" Ivy sighed and left for the conference room.

"We should start with the conference" she said taking her place.

"Where is Mr.Malhotra,we are here to ask him questions?!"Asked a reporter standing up.

"This conference is called for him but he is not here himself!" said another reporter standing up.

"Is the media a joke to him?" " He has insulted us by calling us here and not attending the press meet" they started throwing tantrums many of them started arguing .

The room turned into a war field,some even threatened about publishing negative news about him,the situation completely went out of their control when

"Are you'll done fighting?!!!" The hall went silent hearing his voice.

Shock would be an understatement to describe others expressions.With wide eyes all watched him marching towards the platform.

"Time limit is of 5 minutes, ask your questions" he spoke in his deep voice while looking at his watch.

People started whispering hearing his condition.

"5 minutes is such a short time, how can we do our work ?" asked someone.

"Will somebody ask any questions? or else I am leaving!" he said in a warning tone.

Within answering two questions,the time got up and as he said without listening to anyone he began to leave the hall .

"Do you think your position will remain the same while from the past 6 years you are not working?" there were other questions too that people were asking behind his back as he was leaving but this one particularly made his steps halt.

"Some people are irreplacable,no one can take their place even if they are mile away ." " And as for my position ,I have given my resignation long back, if the board is not ready to accept it then it's not my fault" he said firmly in his cold tone and left the room.

"Bhai!! Bhai!!" Ivy called running behind him.

Anurag heard her but kept on walking ignoring her.

"Bhai where are you going?!" she asked stopping him from closing the car door.

"Why should I tell you!" he shouted at her in anger.

"Please don't do this to us ,the last time we saw you was when last year mom's health got worse and she was in the hospital"Ivy said crying.

" Leave the door" he said with a blank expression.

"Please listen to me don't do this" " I am getting married in a week ,tomorrow is my engagement,I want you to be there!"she said as tear drops flew from her eyes.

"Why will I be there?!" "To celebrate the joyfull event of your life.I am sorry but I am not that good at pretending that everything is fine" his voice broke a little at the end but he braced himself and put back his blank expression.