𓊈卍 𝟗𝟗 卍𓊉

The only thing keeping Nakano out of bed is the sleeping man who has his arms wrapped securely around her waist and his head snuggled into her nape. She wants to cherish this moment, knowing that this peace won't last much longer. It's been hours since she's woken up, but even being in this bed with him feels like a dream.

There's a feather-light touch at her nape and the hold on her waist tightens. Nakano smiles and rolls over to face her husband. Despite the dimly lit room, she can see the small smile he gives her. His hair is a mess, but it suits him. If anything, it reminds her of the night he stayed with her after the Moebius incident. This brings another smile to her face.

"Good morning," she whispers to him.

Majiro reciprocates the smile, leaning in to touch his forehead against hers. "You're still here."

"Of course I am." Nakano's heart skips a beat, and she gazes down at him with admiration. "Did you sleep well?"

"I slept. I think that's an accomplishment in itself." He sits up and shuffles to the end of the bed. "Do you need light?"

Nakano nods, having been in the dark for the past few hours. Manjiro presses a button on the wall beside him above the nightstand, and an electrical whizzing sounds on the opposite side of the penthouse. The curtains along the tall walls all fold their way to the sides, allowing the sunlight to pour into the spacious area. She squints her eyes, adjusting to the sunlight that pours through the windows.

"I'll call the maids to make us breakfast."

"There's no need." Nakano gets out of bed. She stretches out her back before smiling at him. "I'll cook for us today. What do you want?"

A smile beams on Manjiro's face. "Whatever you want. I've never had your cooking before, so surprise me."

The couple heads down the stairs together and heads towards the kitchen. After taking a look at what they have in the fridge and pantry, Nakano gets to work making a traditional Japanese breakfast. Manjiro helps her by gathering whatever she needs and helps her prepare some of the ingredients as well. In no time, the table is set with steaming hot food ready for them to eat.

They sit across from each other, enjoying their food in comfortable silence. As Nakano sips up the miso soup from her bowl, she watches Manjiro eating his fried salmon and rice with delight before his eyes meet hers. He smiles at her with the food still in his mouth, causing his cheeks to puff out, much like a chipmunk.

Nakano sets her plate down, laughing lightly at Manjiro's appearance. "You like it?"

He swallows the food, hastily going for another bite. "Yeah! You're such a good cook, Kano-chin!" He scoops more food into his mouth with his chopsticks.

Nakano laughs under her breath. 'You're such a child.'

She continues eating, but can't help but watch the man across from her. The more she looks at them, the more she's reminded of the young Manjiro she had a second chance at childhood with. This is him, just grown up. Nothing like the yakuza leader that tried to strike her last night.

Shaking her head, she chooses not to dwell on the thought any longer, and to enjoy the peaceful morning that is sure to end soon.

Once they're finished with their food, they bring it back to the kitchen sink. Before they can start washing the dishes two maids walk in. Their eyes are wide when they see them in the kitchen.

"Oh, please allow us to do this!" One of the maids exclaims as she hurries toward Nakano and takes the plate she's about to wash.

The other maid does the same with Manjiro. "I'm so sorry we didn't come in time to cook for you, Sano-sama. We came earlier but Kakucho-san said you were both still asleep and ordered us to leave you be."