8. Paradise

Life goes on, it gets so heavy. - Chris Martin, Coldplay

4:38 p.m. Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Chele's stomach rumbles and her eyelids droop. If only she could curl up for a few minutes and catch some sleep. Lunch had been skipped yet again. Most of the morning had been spent alongside the tech team making sure that Chele is clear on how to submit her stories and then upload them when given the go-ahead. Now it's the graphic artist who needs time with Chele. Will things ever calm down? Is this going to be the schedule for the entire tour?

"Small Town Girl Travels the World," Mandy presents, her hands like a marquee. She's leaning over the graphic artist who is seated at the desk in Mandy's upscale hotel room. Chele is on the sofa next to them, practicing being invisible and apparently succeeding quite well.

"Too long for a title," the artist remarks. "And not very catchy."

"Moore on Tour," Chele quietly states, holding her breath. She's not sure she's been heard when the two continue the conversation around her.

"Maybe something related to Harry?" asks the artist, Mel.

"Nah. We need something portable so we can use her somewhere else if she's any good," Mandy barks.

"Moore on Tour," Chele speaks up a little more loudly. Perhaps she truly had fallen through a wormhole into another dimension? Maybe they couldn't even see her anymore?

"What about 'Do Tell -- Adventures with Chele'?" Mandy inquires.

"It would work," the artist proclaims, "but it's not that strong unless people understand that 'Chele' and 'tell' rhyme."

"Um, here's an idea," Chele chimes in with a voice louder than normal. "Moore on Tour." It's worth the effort anyway, she thinks, shrugging her shoulders.

"I kind of like 'You Bring Me Home' from Harry's first album," Mel comments, and Chele struggles to keep a straight face.

"Wait! I'm brilliant!" Mandy hollers at the top of her lungs. "What about -- wait for it -- 'Moore on Tour'?"

Chele buries her face in her hands, struggling between laughing and crying. She already proposed the idea. Multiple times.

"OH! That's good," Mel replies excitedly. "I can get started on that. How about a tagline that's related to Harry?"

"Maybe something like 'Stylish Adventures'?" Chele proposes, hoping that this time someone will actually pay attention to her.

"Ohhhhh.....I think we could add a tagline about escapades with Harry Styles," Mandy suggests.

"Hmmm....I kind of like 'Stylish Adventures'," Mel says. "What do you think, Chele?"

"Sure," she murmurs. It's not like they care about her opinion anyway. They've taken the titles she suggested, but they've also stolen the credit.

"Yes. I can see it now. 'Moore on Tour: Stylish Adventures'," Mandy is quite proud of herself, and Chele wishes she'd recorded this conversation. It's too bizarre for anyone to believe.

==========

6:38 p.m. Wednesday, November 17, 2021

"One more time," Harry tells the band, who groans.

"We're exhausted, H," Mitch reveals.

"I know. I am too, but we're on stage tomorrow night with the new keyboardist." Clare had broken her arm skateboarding on the beach and Wendell Smith had stepped in. Harry's stress level has risen astronomically. "One more time through the whole show without stopping, and then we'll call it a day no matter what. Deal?"