31. Rise Up

All we need, all we need is hope; and for that we have each other. - Andra Day

2:56 PM, Thursday, December 30, 2021

Chele chastises herself for fangirling over Harry's sister. Even after the pep talk she'd given herself last night, knowing Gemma was arriving, Chele hadn't managed to put together two words that made sense at all. And now Gemma probably thinks she's a freak.

I'm going to have to leave tour now.

WTF? WHY? WHAT HAPPENED?

I acted like an idiot in front of your sister.

CHELE! You scared the crap out of me.

My sister is cool.

She will love you.

Nope.

What did you do? Sniff her armpits?

Worse.

Suggested you're not a fan of cats?

Worse.

Whatever you did, I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.

I fangirled.

Over me?

She's used to that.

No, you dork.

Over her.

Wait. Why would I fangirl over you?

Excuse me?!

You're dating me.

And you think that means you deserve fangirling?

Duh. Doesn't it?

Oh, Harry.

You have enough fangirls.

I strive to be more.

*smirk emoji* And you are.

Dork.

What do I do about your sister?

Nothing. She probably loved being the center of attention.

Chele hopes so, but the look on Gemma's face had been more "get this whackjob away from me" than "oh, how sweet that she likes my writing". Considering that Chele and Gemma won't get much time alone while she's in town, relief washes over her. Maybe one day she and Gemma might have a normal relationship, but she's confident today is not the day.

Picking up her computer, she sits in the green room to begin typing her article about the White House and museum. Having visited such an American institution with two Brits, she has a unique angle. The conversation she'd held with Sarah and Adam about the way the two governments are run might be something that she can use to educate her readers.

Just for fun, she checks the stats on her previous blog posts. Holy high numbers! Where in the world had all of these readers come from? Holding her breath, she scrolls through their comments, finding a wide variety of them.

"Your writing is sooooo good. You make it seem like you're right there with Harry." Um, that's because she is. Rolling her eyes, she moves onto the next one.

"You are my hero! I wish I could travel the world and write one day." Ah, that's sweet. Sounds like something Chele herself might have written once upon a time.

"Bitch." Well that comment is certainly succinct.

There is a mixture of positive and negative, she notes. Over time, it appears the nice comments have begun to outweigh the ugly ones. As she skims through her blog, she finds one that makes her a little teary.

Everywhere: Book 3 of the Nowhere Trilogyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें