𝐄𝐗𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 .1

--
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

Fuzzy, itchy carpeting cushioned beneath your skin, the exterior did nothing to comfort the bile of uneasiness bubbling in the back of one's esophagus.

You slowly stretched, groan escaping your throat nearly clogged a windpipe.

The taste of morning breath lingered on your tounge as the aftermath settled. - did the bags under my eyes count as moving luggage?

Your fingers loomed themselves within the carpets' itchy fibers as tired hues lingered far too long on the popcorn ceiling above. It's scratchy surface brought a sense of comfort, reminding you such as a hotel room. Something of deja vu, a feeling of warmth.

Something temporary.

Recently, and to put it bluntly, it's been tough.

Arising with a yawn, you winced at the slight pop that your spine emitted. Restless nights hadn't been uncommon too, recently.

The nightmares didn't disperse. In fact, they were nauseating. The fellow resident's claims weren't too reassuring either, like Chug's.

Chug Cohen was a kid that resided on the 3rd floor, #303 to be exact.

Sweet guy, seems like great company too, and nothing against him but...

┌───      ∘°☆°∘      ───┐

"The people here? They're great. Most of 'em, at least." You could vaguely recall his hushed tone, his vibrant leafy hair now reduced as to shield the faint look of worry in his hues.

"But between you an' me?"

"Stay off the 5th floor," He grimaced at a remembrance, one you weren't aware of. "Place gives me the creeps."

└───      °∘☆∘°      ───┘

A chilling shiver crept up your spine at the thought.

Bare feet padded against the kitchen's cold tiles, the scent of mold hiding by the few aging appliances. You grew to appreciate the shorter boy's kindness from earlier.

Chug had made it a point to welcome you to Addison's, going far enough as to not only introduce himself and his sweet girlfriend, but bring a plate of brownies as well.

To say you were grateful was an understatement.

Tears had nearly welded up your waterline at the kind gesture, both of exhaustion and shock. Human decency was rare, believe it or not. To others, it comes naturally, almost as if second nature but to most?

It's a chore.

A grin adorned your face as you chewed, humming in delight from the treat. Beams of sunlight filtered through the kitchen's draped curtains, their presence all the more comforting. It was easy to forget just how complicated it all was, how dire the situation had become.

The apartment was empty. Quiet, even.

It was almost humorous how violently you must've flinched at the sudden intrusion, the blunt vibrations of one's fist colliding with a dull surface, a door.

With a stumble in your step, you scrambled across the fuzzy carpeting. Knuckles stiffly dug into your tired sockets in an attempt to rub away at the remnants of sleep you so desperately craved, the door opening as far as the safety chain would allow.