𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇 .15

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

A small, stubby pebble bounced along the concrete pavement, hopping a few feet as it once again, was kicked beneath scuffed converse.

The sky had succumb to yet another day's end, small stars beginning to scatter the canvas of pink and yellow, each hue complimenting the other as they thread behind the ever moving cotton clouds.

"And why would he flip his shit again?" You inquired, angry on behalf of your companion as a hoarse sigh emitted from their stern chest. "Beats me, fucking literally."

You snorted, brows scrunched in amusement as stormy, azure hues narrowed, indicated a teased smile. "You got no room to laugh, you know." Sal retorted, head tilted downward to confront your hunched, giggling stature.

He'd been referring to the scuffle Travis had engaged with you, earlier that day. You'd previously explained the circumstances, deliberate to exclude the blonde's insults as to avoid further explanation.

Two sets of footsteps trudged atop the paveway, matching the other's pace as streetlights began to flicker on. They shone obnoxiously, illuminating the two pedestrians who'd been left behind by their trio.

Ashley had offered a ride, even suggested she'd pick both Sal and you up after detention. Whilst this was probably an attempt to learn the reason as to why the new kid and clean slate Sal Fisher had settled themselves into the foreign punishment, both teenagers respectfully declined.

Originally, you had hoped the voyage back to Addison's Apartments was left on your own. That was before, however, both Sal and you had made amends.

"I've tried being friendly.." Sal paused, expressing his side of the story. "Before you moved in, he only ever really fucked with me or Todd."

Distaste coated your tounge, refraining from the bile that threatened to spill at the thought. You hadn't understood the group's personal confliction with Travis until recently, the far off stories Sal had relayed to you left your stomach churning.

"What problem do you think he has with me of all people?" asked you, lip swollen as you nibbled it in consideration.

"Honestly?" Sal promptly quizzed. Pale, calloused hands retreated within the confinement of his jean pockets as his backpack slung across his shoulder lazily. "I was worried he'd throw a fit, from being involved with us and all but, I've got no clue."

With heavy consideration, you further asked for more depth. "'S that why you bailed?"

Sal, in turn, shuffled with discomfort. His teeth gritted, jaw tensed whilst unbeknownst to the girl beside him. "Sort of." coughed the bluenette, eyes averting their pericing gaze from your own quizzically hues.

You shrugged, absentmindedly stepping above each crack within the pavement as you hadn't given his vauge response much afrer thought. "Whatever, man. I already forgave you, there's no need to be all anxious and shit." You commented, digits wrapped loosely around your own backpack's straps.

"Which, again, I'm sorry." Sal said, nonchalant as if unaffected by his prior actions.

"and again, you're forgiven." You retorted, exasperated. "Christ, you do that alot, huh?"

"Do what?" A brow raised, slightly perplexed by the question. The accasional car drove past the duo, their headlights peering behind them as the vehicles usually paid them no mind.