𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 .2

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

Soft beams of moonlight filtered through your eyelids, prompting them to flutter open; the light they met with was blinding as wind howled solemnly.

A yawn erupted from your chest, a displeased groan escaping into the cold; dense air. The blanket that once layed across your sprawled out form, one you don't recall grabbing, now rested on the rug.

Your head tilted, subconsciously searching for the cause of interruption.

Sweat beaded across your forehead, evidence of the nightmare you had just endured. No doubt, your apartment was still barren of life. Both your aunt and uncle working overtime to make ends meat; you flinched at the sudden contact.

Something of a fuzzy texture brushed softly against your leg, hiding amongst the mess that was your bedroom floor. It purred, vibrated even as your eyebrows pinched in bewilderment.

You nearly squealed as it mewled against your bare skin.

Tired irises widened as they gape at the popcorn ceiling; refusing to peer down at the intrusion.

Stay calm, don't scream.. You inhaled deeply, glancing around the dark environment.

You didn't fail to miss the window, wide open.

You implored leering red eyes wouldn't be present, ready to simper at your distress.

With a huff, your fists clenched the remainder of your sheets, determined to throw them off and bolt the minute you find something unwarranted.

As you leaned over your mattress, you sneered at whatever it was and readied to repent your poor life decisions.

Wide, dark lime eyes peered back at you, the creature's small body emitting another mewl as it purred against your foot. It's soft fur an adorable orange with a tingle of cream colored white sporadically littering it's coat.

The glare you once owned softened, voice hoarse with slumber as you spoke. "Awww...where did you come from..?"

As if second nature, you held your knuckle before the unknown cat, smile tugging at your cheeks as it sniffed your hand, only to respond by rubbing it's small, fuzzy head against you.

"How'd you get in?" You asked, not actually expecting the feline to answer. Your eyes trailed to the room's window, never attempting to pull away from the creature's affections. "...okayyy."

The intruder cuddled into you in reply, seemingly pleased as you picked up it's weight. The bare soles of your feet stood, cushioned by the warm carpet as you stumbled towards the cracked aperture in the wall.

You overlooked the entirety of Addison's Apartments backyard, wooden terrain making up for most of it's view. The bitter wind blew through your hair, it's assistance no longer obscuring the shabby tree house on the property.

The cresent moon shone bright against the darkening sky, stars littering it's canvas.

A quick glance to a nearby alarm made you acutely aware of how early it was, your eyes then dropped to find some sort of address or information around the feline's neck.

You sighed, head tilted in defeat when you came empty handed. "Alright bud, guess I'll just go have to find your parents.." You grumbled, turning your heel to leave the eerie apartment.

┌───      ∘°☆°∘      ───┐

The soles of your shoes shuffled anxiously, once again yet another door was slammed into your face in aggravation.