𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀 .11

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

"It's possible," His words rung throughout your skull, almost obnoxiously like the school's abrupt bell. "He believes you have a problem with him."

It sung, circling your frontal lobe as a remembrance of such shame. Moving blobs of colors passed by, blurring with the notion. Streetlights illuminated within the ink black Ford Explorer that Ashley had been kind enough to offer you a ride in.

Music blared throughout the vehicle, both brunettes sat upfront whilst Todd and you shared the comfortable, spacious backseats. Their conversation wasn't anything interesting, therefore no reason to eavesdrop.

Ashley had begun to strump her digits across the stirring wheel, matching the rythme of the current song that which laced the stuffy, strangely scented air. Todd had previously rolled down his window and almost comically, swat his hand at the intrusion, ensuing a cough for good measure. The educational textbooks on his lap long forgotten as he seemed to appreciate the fresh air.

This in turn, caused Larry to grin, something unfamiliar resided between his lips as Ashley laughed at something unrelated.

Sal had decided to walk home by himself, again. While the trio seemed unphased, a mixture of worry made its home within your gut. When asked about the sour face, you explained, "Just car sickness, is all."

Rather than fuss, Ashley made sure to steer slowly as to avoid encouraging your illness. It would've warmed your heart, in a way. If it hadn't been for the cold, dreary guilt clutching it's exceeding heart rate.

This was much better, you reasoned. The laughter that rung throughout the ride was a much preferred distraction rather than pestering silence.

Still, the accessional vehicle that drove by or the cloudy grey that seemed to consistently paint the skies' canvas left your mind to drift into unwarranted territory. It was antagonizing, really.

How come you were always chasing those strikingly blue irises, always unable to keep with their quickening pace?

You slid with the car's movement. As it shifted left and turn the corner, you followed suit. The seatbeat pressed uncomfortably into your hip, it's leather material the only thing that kept you from crushing poor Todd beneath your weight. Whether anyone seemed phased by this, you weren't sure. The boisterous laughter never faltered, only soothing its' looped joy once the vehicle came to a hault.

Jaded, viridian hues caught your own within the car's rear view mirror, narrowing in an indication of a smile. "Just a quick pit stop." Reassured Ashley, turning the key in the ignition as the tinted windows cracked to ensure a cross breeze for it's passengers.

Both front doors of the vehicle opened, letting out Ashley and Larry as the two still conversed. You shuffled in your seat, the itchy exterior rubbing both your skin and instincts the wrong way.

"Hey, Todd..?" You murmured, almost hesitant as you awaited an unexpected response. He grunted.

The digits that rested on top your lap flinched, tapping your clothed thigh as you averted the ginger's hazel gaze. "Have you heard from Sal at all?"

You winced at the sudden noise, the sound of a book clasping shut abruptly.

Todd sighed, exasperated. "No."

It's almost as if he expected this, you inquired before an answer or rather, question left your parted lips.

"How long are they goanna be?" Your chin jeered forward, referring to the two brunette's inside the gas station. Todd shrugged, albeit he too was curious.

The fingers that once fidget worked in haste, already in motion as the flip phone that resided in your grasps appeared as your saving grace.

┌─── ∘°☆°∘ ───┐

hotchic, 5:34pm :
" whts Sals #? "

The girl tucked a loose strand of auburn locks behind her ear, reading the message as her friend payed the gas expense.

Ashley :), 5:36pm :
" y?? "

hotchic, 5:36pm :
" project "

Ashley blinked. Her brows knitted in question, trying to recall what classes you shared with the bluenette. Sal usually came to her when a project was involved. Their friend was creative, although not very artistic.

Ashley :), 5:37pm :
" wht subject?? "

The reply came immediate and Ashley's own stomach sank.

hotchic, 5:38pm :
" we have math tgt. "

The text was a reminder of the glance she had taken of your schedule. Both Sal and you did share maths, albeit Sal didn't have much difficulty in that subject. She figured you were much like her in that field, and in turn, happily gave you his number.

└─── °∘☆∘° ───┘

The vehicle door slammed shut behind you, welcoming a cold gust of wind that seemed consistent in Nockfell.

Ashley had not only dropped you off at the complex but kindly given you Sal's number, under the false assumption a project was involved. You wouldn't text him yet.

Regardless of his distance, you too, were in the wrong. What had transpired earlier was an irrational move on your end. Really, what the actual fuck was that?

You were desperate for an explanation and an outsiders perspective definitely wasn't the right call. Sal's reaction was completely understandable, albeit a suprise, it was still warranted. Especially at what Larry and him must've witnessed earlier that morning between Travis and Beckenger. Though, it did cause the cogs in your brain to turn ever so slightly.

"Just what had happened?" You pondered, and just how involved was Sal to have reacted so negatively?

In all honesty, looking back, how had what you had done caused him to instantly run? You were a few feet from him, nor had you even spoken or caused any physical alliteration between him and yourself.

Come to think of it, Sal had been off hours ago too. He was jittery, often peering over his shoulder as if expecting some sort of unwanted greeting. He looked to of dread your earlier question or rather, answering such curiosity.

The hinges of your apartment door creaked, softly dragged against the looped carpeting as your index finger flipped the living room's light switch. The bright, yellow tinted light illuminated the beige walls, caused your pupils to dilate and a groan to emerge from your esophagus.

"I'm home!" You absentmindedly exclaimed, not again suprised by no response. The puke green rug cushioned your exhausted form as you removed your shoes before venturing deeper into the apartment. "Gizmo?"

More than once, the fluffy feline had somehow crept into the floorplan whilst you were away, a pleasant surprise to be greeted by his welcoming presence when you'd come home in the past. Unfortunately, today was not one of those days.

The conclusion of where the loveable tabby might've been only furthered the intrusion of suspicion and guilt in your frown.

Nockfell had it's oddities, more than one accessional question lingered on your tounge, but it'd have to wait.

Right now, the enigma that was Sal was far too tempting to remain ignorant too. You were always a stickler for curiosity, the need to know exactly what revolved around others was a nagging urgency you had already upheld for years.

But you'd wait. Albeit, patience wasn't your strong suit, you'd entertain this turn of events. With a clear head and heavy heart, of course. You'd sit by and wait for the bluenette to come to you. Afterall, the opportunity of either crossing the other's path is bound to happen.

Nockfell is a small town with an even smaller population, how much can you really hide in it's confinement?

└─── °∘☆∘° ───┘