𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 .3

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

Snow had begun to softly pelt against the building's formation, the scent of eggs and bacon assisting you to arise in temptation.

Soft sounds of humming filled the living room, the interruption of sizzling following suit every so often. It was a familiar tune, one that earned a genuine smile from you as you stretched.

"Mom?" You murmured, joints popped as you stagger towards the sensation. "...you're up early."

The women grinned at your observation, her husband continued to hum the remnants of the tune as she replied. "Thought we'd make breakfast, we haven't had a meal together as a family in awhile."

"Mel? The bacon?" Calloused palms reached behind your aunt, grasping the spatula as she gasped in suprise.

You beamed at the display, taking a seat at the kitchen island. The cushioned dipped under your weight, both adults peering over their shoulder.

"Pumpkin?" The male halted, eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Everything alright, hun?"

Melissa peaked in worry, no longer preoccupied with your meal. Her distress was evident when she turned from her husband to lean onto the counter, across from you. Lucas now taking up the responsibility of cooking in her absence.

A yawn erupted from your lungs, lopsided grin prominent. "I'm fine, just a long night...where were you-?"

"Work." Melissa blurted, her hand clutched your own clammy one. "Sweetheart, I know..it's difficult. The move and all."

"-But! If you ever wanna..talk about it..?" A suggestion such as that was tempting, regardless, you declined.

Her smile was weak, understanding but pitiful. Melissa wasn't your biological mother, nor was Lucas your father.

Nonetheless, they treated you as if their own. At some point in time, it bothered you. The couple showered you in affection and reassurance, their favorite quote being, "You were just misrouted by the stork."

You were told various reasons why the circumstances of your parents were a sour subject, but it never stung as much as the truth.

┌───      ∘°☆°∘      ───┐

"Rachel?" The sound was pitiful, as if it's interviewer knew what was to come.

"Rachel, please, be rational-"

The women in question sneered, eyes narrowed at the bundle in her arms with disgust. "Mel. Melissa, just look at her!" She screamed, the small child weeping in response.

Melissa's own eyes welded with tears, shocked by her sister's outburst. Her fists clenched and released, posture stiff at her older sibling's dismay.

"Rachel, she...it's not her fault.."

"She won't shut up, dammit!" Rachel shouted, gripping her child at arms length.

The child screamed and thrashed in tears, squirming at the notion as her mother scowled. Melissa was distraught, both angry and ashamed.

Melissa was unable to have children, both her boyfriend and her utter disappointed when doctors broke the news. To see her niece, so mistreated by her sister when Melissa desperately wished for such a gift. Her heart ached.

homesick | sal fisher x fem!reader ;; ❞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें