𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 .5

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

A consistent gust of warmth consumed you, snow no longer decorating the pavement as you stagger inside the complex's. Evening dew still lingered in the air. It remained outside, keeping the dreary, constant fog of Nockfell company as you shuttered, jolted by the sudden apartment's unusual comfort.

With a trudge down the leering hallway, a mutter escaped past your lips as the bright, bitter lights shunned you. As per the administration, you'd be attending Nockfell high tomorrow, bright and earlier at 6am. Winter break was over, back to school in session and- Larry was right, I don't know anyone here..

The thought was determined to run rampant, having laid stagnant for the remnants of the weekend. It did nothing to appease you, in fact, it left you restless and hollow at night.

So, Word of the day? Oblivious. Adjective, "ob-liv-i-ous"; not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one. Summary? It's you. Dipshit.

To put it bluntly, you weren't ecstatic.

In approximately 8 hours, you'd be up at the crack ass of dawn, showered and expected to show face, and you did exactly that.

In regards to your departure, you once again found yourself dreading the elevator's now descent. You yawned, arms outstretched as it's doors slid aside. A hiss erupted from your throat, tired hues fluttered shut at the intrusion as the lobby's bitter illumination complimented an unexpected shade of cerulean.

You blinked, frown ever so present as you rasped. "..Sal?"

The boy in question perked, turning on his heel to face whoever addressed him. You didn't miss the slight notion of his fidgeting, his hands grasped the strap of his rugged backpack, knuckles turning a tingle of pale as he greeted you. Larry stood beside him, hands hidden in the seams of his pockets as he grinned, his head tilted as strands of chestnut hair obscured his face. "Mornin',"

"What are you guys doing..?" You yawned again, prompting Larry to follow suit as Sal answered. "Isn't it obvious? School? Ringing a bell?" He teased, amused by your restlessness.

Larry nudged the bluenette, eyes lidded from his own lack of slumber. "We're waiting for Todd but he ditched. Sal insisted we wait for you too."

"What are you tryna say, Larry?" You mused, hoisting your backpack as the two exited the complex. "You wouldn't of waited?"

With a huff, Larry threw back his head, a wide smile prominent on his honey-toned complexion. "Dude, I can't risk being tardy again, Mrs. Packerton would skin me!" He exclaimed, laughter dimmed to a halt as he leaned forward, mere inches beside your ear. "Don't stress. Sal woulda waited for ya, even if you were running late."

As if an instant, you jolted, wide irises caught mahogany as Larry smirked. He was quick to leave you behind, his legs taking long strides to met the bluenette's fast pace, seemingly as he was ahead of you both.

The pavement became a sudden intrest, your gaze averted and renounced to stare begrudgingly at it's cracks and flaws. The last thing you had hoped for was to become a burden. The possibility of Sal, regardless of your ignorance or chances are, you took your sweet ass time today, was willing to wait and walk you to school? On your first day, nonetheless? It left that familiar pit of guilt in your abdomen..

Then came the unfamiliar idea swirling amongst it, the turmoil that both surprised and frightened you. As if a swarm of caterpillars had taken up residency inside your empty stomach, the feeling of butterflies ensued, and as if a natural reflex, you swatted. You neglected the tingle, purposely squashing it's warmth as you stumbled across the concrete pathway. I'm disoriented, you reasoned. Exhausted.