"𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐗" .21

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
None
-

A sweet, savory coated candy bar lay atop one's tounge, extending it's pleasure as you chewed it's crunchy exterior.

You stood upright, in a stocked kitchen and dimly lit ambiance. Ashley sat atop the granite counters, legs dangling on it's neat structure as Maple rummaged through the stainless steel fridge.

The goth held a water bottle between her firm grasps, unclasping the lid and swallowing its contents. Ashley still sat, braiding her long, chocolate locks as a reserved smile graced her plump, pink tinted lips.

Unexpectedly, you had accompanied Ashley and Maple back to the brunette's residence, taking them up on their previous offer of downtime.

"So," Ashley spoke, fingers diligently intertwined within her unfinished braid. "Who's going to CJ's party?"

Maple, with unsteady eyes and flushed cheeks expressed refusal. "I can't that night..I have plans." She explained, a scarlet tint engulfing her freckled cheeks. "Chug and I are watching a movie.."

Supportive, Ashley cocked a thin brow, a knowing grin prominent. "Oh, are you now?" She teased, a giggle soon encouraging the silver-haired girl's embarrassment.

From what you've gathered, Ashley was Maple's ex-girlfriend. They'd dated previous to your move to Nockfell, sometime in sophomore year. It'd only been for two months but still, they both held a fondness for the other.

Ashley, still amused from her prior fun, addressed your mid-chewing. "How bout it, babe? You going?"

You choked, both bewildered and humored by the nickname, a sputter left your parted lips, hand raised to obscure your absurd cough. "Me?"

"Yes, you." Ashley reiterated, leaning her weight up as her arms rested atop the counter. "Are you going?"

In eagerness, you bobbed your head in affirmation. Ashley smiled, glossy lips pulled into a warmth you didn't think was achievable. "So..Saturday, 9pm?"

"What?" You paused, slightly perplexed.

"Saturday, 9pm." Ashley repeated, "That's when I'll pick you up."

Maple snorted, roman nose scrunched in amusement as her black tinted lipstick complimented her flawless teeth, outstretched in giggles.

With pursed lips, you tossed your eaten candy wrapper into the garbage can. Soon, you leaned against the opposite counter, facing the duo. "If I didn't know any better, Ash, I'd think you're flirting with me."

"Oh?" The stunning brunette probed, "and if I am?"

Arms crossed infront of your torso, chin inclined to assess the girl. Your right leg, lifted and crossed atop your left, brow raised in challenge. "Share your lunch with me, than we'll talk."

Ashley, feigning innocence, raises her pale hands to her chest, open and spread as her face twisted in false hurt. "You wound me, love.." She exclaimed, voice emphasized to express rejection. "He meant nothing to me! I promise!"

You, however, laughed. Tears of humor welded within your tear ducts as Maple too, joined your feverish laughter.

Soon, Ashley fumbled her act, doubled over in a fit of giggles as her forearms cradled her stomach. Maple wipped metaphorical tears from her onyx hues, eyeliner slightly smudged from her previous hysterics.