𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑 . 𝟑𝟏

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
Not - Proofread !
-

"Maple, listen to me." You kindly demanded, brows furrowed in exasperation as you walk, side by side next to the silver-haired girl.

"Nothing happened, Sal just apologized." You reiterated for, what felt like the 50th time. Maple snorted, clearly unconvinced.

"Sweetie, you don't just leave at 3 in the morning with a guy and 'nothing happens'." Replied Maple, finding a glint of humor in these circumstances.

Melissa had dropped both teenagers off, bidding them a good day after having packed them lunch. Maple, being the sweetheart she is, thanked her profusely. You, albeit grateful, were running on little fuel..

In actuality, you were exhausted. You had initially hoped to fall unconscious once inside your humble abode. The plan had been you'd skip school today, render yourself ill and hopefully convinced Maple to go alone with such a defeat.

Unfortunately, having set sights on your adoptive parents, you knew your efforts were futile.

Now you voyaged across the school grounds, pavement scuffed and cracked beneath your aging shoes as Maple ensued her parental instincts, probing both Sal's and your own endeavors from the previous night.

"So...nothing, absolutely nothing happened, between you and Sal?" She inquired, still munching on a granola bar Melissa had offered her in the vehicle.

With a heave, you rubbed your tired lids and a permanent frown uptook your lips.

"Maple, why does it matter?" You retorted, "What, you got a crush on Sally?"

Maple shrugged, eyes averted to inspect the school's courtyard. Students passed the duo in all heights and sizes, clearly immersed in their own affairs to acknowledge neither you or the goth.

"and if I do?" Maple promptly asked, peering to gawk your reaction. "You been swapping spit with my man, sweetie?"

On instinct, you froze, hands clammy and breath hitched in anticipation. Honestly, your reaction wasn't instilled due to the mere fact she'd guessed correctly your activities the night prior.

No. No, what she said, was what caught you off-gaurd and guilty. ...'her' man?

Oh fuck, had you read Maple wrong? Did she really hold feelings for Chug or was Sal the object of her affections..?

Shit, shit, shit! Were you just hot and bothered with the goth's crush, after every kind thing she had done for you?!

You're disgusting! Yeah, yeah she'll definitely think that, you piece of poorly packaged dog shit.

"I...I, um-" you sputtered, eyes glossy as you stagger for a response, an explanation, something!

Abruptly, Maple bellowed in laughter, the granola bar's wrapper making an audibly crunch! that made you instinctively yelp. She doubled over, her left hand finding purchase atop her knee as she gasped for air, a bright, wide smile prominent on her black-tinted lips.

Well, that answered your question. Touché.

You shoved her shoulder, causing the goth to stumble as you walked onwards without her. "Whatever, I'm late, anyways..." You huffed, never missing how footsteps picked up behind you, quickening their pace as Maple heaved, out of breath.