𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍 .16

-
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 : ❞
Mentions of drug substances and usage
-

"Mom?" Voice hoarse from once again, a restless night, you stagger into the droll living space, eyes lidded in the remnants of what you desired, sleep. "Dad?"

A figure, tall and starch stood in the barren kitchen. The scent of fluffy, scrambled eggs wavered in the morning dew air, engulfing your nostrils' in its' heavenly smell.

"Finally decided to join us?" yet another asked, sat at the kitchen's isle as they sipped at their black, heated coffee.

You sighed, head already throbbing at the inevitable lecture. "I can explain."

School was in actuality, a few hours. You'd tossed and turned all night, finally succumbing to the day's routine rather than staring at the worn, popcorn ceiling. In defeat, you rolled out of your comfortable mattress, sheets clung to your exhausted state as you meekly wrestled off their restricting warmth.

"No need," The women commented, disappointed by her adopted child's excuse. "The school called. Detention? Really, honey?"

This earned a wince, mentally self conscious of yesterday's events. "Mom, you don't understand-"

"A boy?" Melissa inquired, manicured nails pinched the bridge of her sloped nose as her bedhead remained unkempt. "You landed yourself in detention, over a boy?"

"That's not what happened-!" You defended, snagging a crispy, burnt toast and the golden eggs your father had been so kind to cook. "What's the big deal? I'm making friends."

"You're making friends with bad influences, sweetheart." She retorted, brows knitted in worry as she fretted her child's education. She felt nauseous, having to scold her daughter for merely talking with another student but it felt justified.

You scoffed, plate clean from what was once a hearty breakfast as you scamper off towards the restroom. "He's not bad, mom." You concluded, grateful Lucas hadn't double-teamed the accusation. "It was a one time thing, stop worrying."

The clammy palm held the bathrooms' aging door frame, head peering over your shoulder to address the elder women before vanishing within the apartment's shower. "Please."

Just as quickly as she had appeared, her daughter retreated her presence. A much larger, darker toned hand rested atop Melissa's own, a small gesture to comfort the mother's distress.

┌─── ∘°☆°∘ ───┐

With that aside, you stood within the elevator's confinement once more. It's struggling departure towards the building's lobby was nerve inducing enough as it was, it only furthered your jittery stature at the thought of how, inparticular, you'd get to school.

They slid ajar, welcoming the mildew infested air as you exit the death trap.

It had snowed last night, albeit a few inches. Still, a thin, white sheet of soft snow blanketed the roads of Nockfell, most likely to mock your decision. Your teeth clattered, already capable of feeling the bitter wind on your flushed cheeks.

Your ride stood beside your shaking form, a set of one too many keys hung from a large, veiny hand as Sal dangled the shiny object as if to emphasize his offer. "You ready?" He asked, his other palm lay flat against the complex's only exit, a scuffed, oak door.