The battle over Koushiro's crest.

After returning to the digital world, Taichi found Yamato and Jyou held captive within a restaurant. With their friendship repaired, Yamato's crest glowed and Garurumon evolved to his perfect level, Weregarurumon. Taichi himself had a strange encounter with a mysterious stranger. Who is this being? What does they want? Only time can tell. Meanwhile, during that time, Koushiro was...

It was a beautiful weather in the digital mountains, but then again it was in the digital world, and everything could happen here. Koushiro and Tentomon was climbing those steep mountains in search of Gennai.

"Koushiro-Han let's take a break", Tentomon uttered. They had been walking none stop and the little insect digimon was tired.

"But I want to meet Gennai-San as soon as possible", Koushiro remarked before stopping up and looked at his partner.

"But even so, it's already been two months!", Tentomon replied with a sigh.

"It doesn't matter how long it takes!", Koushiro stated with a quick huff, before continuing. "I am going on ahead". All which forced Tentomon to come along too. He had to protect his partner after all.

Someplace else, at the mountain top somewhere, was the little bat digimon eagerly trying to put up signs all over the place. Dread was present all around him when he tried to stomp the sign into the ground with its claws.

"He'll punish me! Vampdemon-Sama will punish me!", he uttered rather frantically as he recalled the events earlier.

They were inside a forest somewhere.

Pico Devimon and that annoying servant of his master. They had after all failed miserably and had to take the consequences. All which led them here, because if they didn't even worse consequences would happen.

"Pico Devimon!".

The harsh tone of his master ran through the forest spooking the digimon.

Before them a herd of magical bats appeared, showing a picture of a darkened silhouette of someone ominous.

"Yes...Yes sir?", the bat exclaimed and wondered why he was the only one spoken to.

"When will you be stealing the crests from the chosen children?!".

"Very... very soon sir".

"Can I trust you?".

"Does this look like the eyes of a liar, Vampdemon-Sama?".

Pico Devimon were looking rather determined into his master's eyes. All to prove himself. After a little while, a hard rumble emitted from him.

"Anything to add, Pet?".

By those words alone, the little bat digimon turned around, and were now glaring at the hooded figure, who were still kneeling down looking at the ground.

They had yet to mutter a word.

But by the mention of them, the stranger rose, with a respectful courtesy that had the bat digimon gag inside.