The test of courage.

The children discovered that the Digimon World was actually a digital world generated from within Earth's computer networks. Meanwhile, Nanomon, who had once been crushed by Etemon and sealed within the pyramid, used the children to get his revenge. Just when they were close to being defeated, Nanomon escaped, taking Sora and Piyomon with him. But Taichi gripped by fear of death, failed to catch him.

Everyone in the group wanted to save Sora and Piyomon. However, they didn't know how to go about it just yet. They were currently back at the other end of the sphinx so that Etemon couldn't find them. The group was however assembled around a campfire, while the two youngest, Chihori and Takeru, was eating together with the Digimon. Koushiro was also not present since he was tapping around on his laptop in order to see if he could find something, anything that could lead them to the rescue of Sora. He hoped he could find Nanomon's trail.

"We don't know where they are" Jyou stated logically "There is no choice but to wait for Nanomon to make a move".

"But what will we do if he hurts Sora while we were waiting?" Taichi sneered rather fiercely. He was still beaten up pretty bad about Sora getting kidnapped. Ryuhei really did feel for him, but like Jyou stated, they couldn't do a thing yet.

"Nanomon's goal is to defeat Etemon" Yamato then stated, "Maybe if we beat Etemon first, he will set her free?". Ryuhei hummed to that.

"But we lost to him earlier" Mimi then pointed out.

Silence uttered all around them now. No one said a peep. Mostly because they ran out of ideas. Takeru and Chihori were looking at the group with worried eyes too, along with all the digimon's. That until Chihori stated that they all had to eat, so they were ready to fight any time. As the fire of the campfire dulled out, Chihori and Takeru were fast asleep along with their partner and the other digimon. Ryuhei couldn't keep smiling as he watched his sister literally squeeze the life out of Gazimon for a sec, before falling asleep using his chest as a pillow. The sweet meows from Gazimon was cute too. They were a strange pair indeed.

"If I'd just gone to save Sora that time" Taichi uttered suddenly getting everyone's attention. Ryuhei even sighed at that.

"Stop putting all the blame on yourself. None of us could help either" Jyou said.

"Yeah there must be something we can do" Yamato added in.

"Yeah so stop feeling sorry for yourself!" Ryuhei sneered "You might have lost her once, but it is not the end of the world. When another opportunity strikes you just have to fix your error and save her this time".

"Oh Yeah! Who knows when that ever would happen!" Taichi yelled back at him. In that moment however Koushiro rushed out of the pathway, they created to get to the pyramid. That had after all been the place, he had been at all this time.

"Guys!" Koushiro then shouted as he waved at them to get their attention "I figured it out! Come quick!". Ryuhei send Taichi a knowingly look.

"You were saying" he replied in a teasing matter.

A bit later, after they all had woken up their partners and youngest siblings up, they were at the pathway, looking at the map of the pyramid, Koushiro's computer had generated. It was the map Nanomon had given them but were shown much more of the hidden stairway and even other rooms too.

"Nanomon only pretended to escape somewhere. The reality is that he hasn't gone very far at all" Koushiro explained and pointed at the map.

"Then..." Ryuhei mused out slowly.