The awakening of the angel.

File Island was broken into pieces. Taichi and Yamato, Koushiro and Mimi, Sora and Jyou, Ryuhei and Chihori, and Takeru somehow managed to rise above their individual perils. But the final battle approaches..

Above, on a cliff, was Leomon standing, and were looking down on the village of beginnings. However, in reality he was looking down at Takeru and Patamon, who was hugging each other. He had orders to kill them, so that he did.

"Kill.. the chosen children.." He mused and pulled out his weapon.

The baby digimon noticed him first, and were trying to alarm Takeru and Patamon of the danger.

"What's wrong?" Takeru questioned "Do you need to poop?".

"Takeru look up!" Patamon then shouted and made the boy turn around.

Leomon was on the way down the cliff now. Patamon fired a "Air shoot" and stopped Leomon in its tracks for now. Patamon and Takeru took the chance, and hid somewhere in the forest. They could see Leomon slowly approach the forest, to their horror.

"He's here" Takeru said in a scared tone and crept even more down in the bushes behind this giant tree. He was very scared that Leomon was gonna find them.

"Leomon is normally a good digimon" Patamon mused out thoughtfully "So if we can just take out the black gear in him..". Takeru looked at his partner.

"I see. But how?" he then asked. Patamon didn't reply. He didn't know either.

"Can you hear me brat?" a voice suddenly rang through the forest.

From afar, At the entry to the village, they could see Ogremon standing there, holding one of the babies hostage. "You're hiding somewhere like a scaredy-cat aren't ya? Come out quietly and show yourself. If you don't, this one here is gonna get it!". At that the little baby digimon screamed up in a scared tone. Takeru looked rather horrified.

"What do we do Patamon?" he asked his partner.

Patamon's eyes narrowed. He had to do something. He wanted to protect Takeru at all cost, but how? If I could drive out the black gear inside Leomon, he'll fight Ogremon for us. But if I fail, would I be able to protect Takeru all by myself? The sound of something cutting through the terrain could be heard, and Takeru and Patamon found themselves in front of Leomon now. He had just cut the tree they had been hiding behind with his sword.

"Kill the chosen children!" the lion man roared and lifted his sword to attack.

Both Patamon and Takeru looked rather horrified. They didn't know what to do.

"Fox fire!" a voice then roared, and a blue fire attack flew towards Leomon now.

"Takeru!" a male voice rang through the air, and Takeru lit instantly up. Garurumon was running towards them, and on its back was his big brother Yamato.

"Onii chan!" Takeru shouted happily, as Yamato jumped off his partner's back. Garurumon had in the meantime charged at Leomon. He fired his Fox fire again.

"Are you okay Takeru?" Yamato asked worriedly. Takeru nodded eagerly.

"Garurumon?! He was close by?" Ogremon questioned in a puzzled tone, and followed the fight who was presented in front of him now.

Garurumon and Leomon had gotten out of the forest, because of its close space. In the meantime, Taichi had snuck in close by and took the little baby digimon away from him. Ogremon first realized this when he was too late, and turned around to see what was happening.