The castle of Darkness.

After reuniting again, the chosen children were faced with yet another predicament. They were facing off against one of their own. The Vampire Digimon Vamdemon was still influencing Ryuhei. After a fierce battle, Chihori managed with the power of faith to evolve her Digimon into Cerberumon and return Ryuhei to normal. What awaited the children now...

Vamdemon stood in front of the giant windows usually closed by giant curtains. Not that it mattered right about now. It was night. The sun would not be seen for hours. The Vampire Digimon let out a little sigh. He was a high-class noble undead Digimon. He wouldn't normally get attached, but the bond he had with Sangloupmon, his precious familiar, was one he couldn't ignore. Or forget in this matter. Vamdemon knew instantly when the blood-sucking wolf was defeated. Or in this case, killed himself. He knew the reason too. He did not blame the wolf for dying. He understood why. No one wanted to die at the hands of the chosen children and their Digimon's hands. It would be disgraceful. But still...

"Vamdemon-sama?" The sound of Pico Devimon could be heard behind him.

"Let me be!" the vampire hissed annoyed.

"But Vamdemon-sama..." Pico Devimon squealed. "What about our mission and the chosen children? What about...?"

"The boy?" Vamdemon questioned and sighed inside.

He might have been hasty back then. The blood Ryuhei granted him had tasted so delicious, but at the same time, it had blinded him. Now that he had stocked up on the regulars, he was having an easier time thinking logically.

"He will come back here. Willingly."

"Huh? But he..." Pico Devimon looked perplexed at his master. "He is back to normal. He broke the connection..."

"Oh, Ryuhei might think he has, but some things might still linger in the shadows," the vampire chuckled. "Besides, if he cares at all about the human realm, he will try to stop me along with the rest of the chosen children. You will see."

"Ah, yes, of course, Vamdemon-Sama," Pico Devimon agreed. It's more to not upset the Vampire than anything else. "So, what should I tell the others?"

"That we will be leaving soon. Prepare the stone room!" the vampire ordered.

Time skip—the next day.

It was a beautiful day. Taichi and Jyou were at the river gathering some water. Mimi and their Digimon were watching them work. It was not like Mimi wanted to, but she had hit an impasse with cheering up Ryuhei and needed a break.

"These bags are useful, aren't they?" Jyou asked and were holding up these see-through plastic bags. "I swiped them from the restaurant."

"He, I thought your diligence was all you had going for you, but I see you make some nice moves Jyou," Gomamon commented with a smirk. Jyou decided to ignore it since his partner tended to tease him.

"Well yeah..." Jyou mused as his gaze flickered up to Mimi and her depressed sigh. "Mimi-kun, cheer up. It is not your fault what happened to Ryuhei..."

"But how can I? With someone like Vamdemon out there we'll have to keep running from him as we did with Etemon, right?" Mimi questioned.

"Well, that's true..." Jyou mused worriedly.

"What are you two talking about? It is only for the time being," Taichi quirked out.

"Yeah, we'll take him down sooner or later and Ryuhei will be all smiles again," Palmon reassured with its happy smile.