The danger with Skullgreymon.

After their long journey across the ocean the children arrive at Server continent. That was when their new enemy, Etemon, appeared before them. The children were helpless before his sudden display of power. To fight against Etemon on equal ground, their digimon must evolve to the next level. Taichi received his Crest, which is the key to that new evolution, but...

The sand whirled around in the wind, as the chosen children wandered through this desolated place. There was nothing but sand as far as the eye could see. Sand and some rocking cliffs. No plants or any living creatures besides themselves and their partners. The sun was burning down from the sky, and it didn't help the children one bit. Many of them were exhausted and tired. That and their spirits lacked motivation now. None of them could do a thing against this new enemy, Etemon.

"How much further do we have to walk?" Mimi then complained.

"Until we find a place where Etemon can't reach us" Jyou responded in a tired voice.

"Does such place even exist?!" Mimi sneered annoyed. Her feet were burning.

"Yeah! Of course, it does!" Gazimon replied in a firm tone. He had been walking in front of her with Chihori and Ryuhei and his digimon Renamon.

"Oh, then where is it?" Palmon questioned happily.

"Um eh I don't know!" Gazimon replied sheepishly and scratched the back of his head "But I know this place exists. Somewhere". Mimi and Palmon looked down in the sand right now. They didn't think that statement was true.

"Well I really hope so" Yamato then replied and sighed "We have nowhere to run if this Etemon attacked us now".

Everyone got depressed by that statement. If Etemon really attacked them now, then they couldn't defend themselves. None of them knew how to use the crests after all. Sora looked worriedly around on the group. This is bad. Everyone is getting thoroughly depressed.

"What is this? Get a hold of yourselves guys!" Taichi then shouted and stopped up.

He was of course the one leading this march through this desolated place. He had his mini telescope after all, so it just kinda made sense. Right now, Taichi looked in disbelief at the group.

"We have a crest with us now" Taichi then continued and were holding up his crest.

"That is true. But can the digimon really evolve with just the crest?" Ryuhei then replied and snort "I really don't trust you to take care of things here".

"Of course, they can, and what do you mean you don't trust me?!" Taichi now sneered back. The others were about to stop the soon to be fight, when Taichi snort and continued "Actually it doesn't matter that you don't trust me. Right now, I am the only one with a crest, so you must listen to me. Agumon and I can handle this. Isn't that right Agumon?". Taichi was looking determined at the little dinosaur digimon.

"Um eh." Agumon only replied. He was clearly not sure at this at all.

"Be more assertive, man!" Taichi told Agumon in a firm tone. "You're the only one right now who's able to evolve to the next level. You've got to stand upright for all of us on the battlefield".

Agumon didn't look very happy. A lot of pressure was riding on his shoulders, and it clearly made the digimon uncomfortable.

"We're counting on you" Tentomon then also added, as he flew around in the air.

"By the way, how do we move onto the next evolution?" Taichi then questioned.

"Well from what we already know of the evolution process is that they need a large amount of energy to evolve" Koushiro now concluded "In other words, they weren't able to evolve when they were hungry. Furthermore, it also happens when their partner is in danger". Taichi nodded in agreement.