Love conquers all.

An: Just a quick warning. This chapter is a bit dark. Especially with Ryuhei and Vamdemon. If you don't like that I suggest not reading it. If not, have fun reading.

Pico Devimon's schemes caused the children to scatter. They decided to regroup once again once the truth behind his intent was revealed. Only Sora, Chihori, and Ryuhei are still missing...

It was a nice day in the digital world and on the open sea was the swan boat moving. Filled with enormous baggage, which Mimi and Palmon are now also passengers on the roof together with Koromon, it was amazing that this swan boat could take it. As the gentlemen they were, Taichi and Jyou were once again at the pedals, making the boat move towards their destination. The shore on the other side of this tedious lake. At least seen from the boys' viewpoint.

"All right, we're here!" Taichi exclaimed cheerfully. Jyou let out a distressful cry. Paddling over to this side of the shore had been hard.

"I am tired" he complained.

Taichi was the first to set foot on the shore. Then their Digimon partners soon followed. Taichi was holding a hand towards Mimi so she could get down from the roof. Talk about a gentleman.

"Come down Princess. Give me your hand" he spoke almost like a knight.

"Don't call me Princess!" Mimi uttered annoyed.

Her time as a princess at the Geckomon castle was still a sore spot for her. She had after all been very commanding and outright rude and selfish to her friends. She just wanted to forget that it ever happened.

"I'm just kidding," Taichi said and grinned. He was however still holding out his hands to help Mimi get down from there.

"Hey!".

The sound of Yamato's voice could be heard from far away. It made the children turn towards it and saw Yamato, Takeru, and Koushiro standing at a hill a bit away from them. They were waving to let them know they were there.

"Oh, it is Yamato!" Jyou exclaimed and finally got out of the swan boat.

Soon they were all assembled at the shore along with their respective Digimon Partner. Palmon was blinking surprised at the now small entourage of Digimon. Besides it, Patamon and Gomamon the rest of the Digimon were still in their baby forms.

"You've turned smaller since the last time I saw you" Palmon commented.

"Leave us alone!" Tsunomon, Koromon, and Motimon shouted in unison.

"Where is the rest of the gang?" Taichi then asked. "We are still missing Sora, that good for nothing knows it all, and his sister".

"Yeah, but we didn't see any of them" Yamato mused.

"I see. Where could they have gone?" Taichi questioned and went silent. Something had been bugging him ever since the events with the stranger in the forest. It was an experience he has yet to tell his friends about.

"I... I might have seen them. Or well I think I saw Sora and perhaps Gazimon..." Mimi then said.

"Eh? Where?" Taichi questioned bewildered.

"At the Geckomon's palace," Mimi said and went thoughtful. "But then again it might have been a dream...".

Then she began explaining everything that happened in the castle and how Sora had visited her in her dreams. The other listened carefully to the story. Everyone was pondering about what that meant.

"Actually, the voice that told me not to eat the mushrooms... I did have a feeling it sounded a lot like Chihori's" Koromon confessed.

"Really?" Taichi questioned and went thoughtful again.