Believe in me!

AN: A friend of mine pointed out it was a bit dark so decided to give you a warning about the chapter. Might be in for a dark surprise. (fitting in the halloween month) Also a shout out to my friend BeginnerWriter22 without them I might not have been able to update as of yet. Thank you!

Pico Devimon's tricks pulled the children apart. Taichi however persuaded his friends to return. Even Sora and Chihori, did in the end, return to them. But just then, their newest enemy, Vamdemon, appeared before them with Ryuhei in tow. He was the leader who controlled Ryuhei and Pico Devimon's actions behind the curtains. Taichi and the others could barely escape Vamdemon's attacks, but Vamdemon's appearance had become a new threat to them. Especially, with the way he conflicted Ryuhei's mind as of yet...

The delicious aroma of grilled fish could be smelled all over the campsite. The chosen children and their respective Digimon had been busy gathering food for a great meal. After everything between them, it only made sense to create this feast. It was also a celebration for all of them to finally be together again, strengthening their power for the upcoming battles. Ryuhei still wasn't awake, but that didn't spoil everyone's mood. He would be fine soon enough, they hoped. Koushiro's explanation about the vampire spell made some of them nervous. For the group's sake, they pretended everything was fine. Chihori herself had been busy nursing her brother back to health. So much so that she hardly slept or ate. And when she did, it was in tiny doses. It was worrying for the rest of the group. But they decided to let it happen. Chihori needed it for some reason. Gazimon, however, disagreed. Chihori was his partner. He wanted the best for her. He tried to help. Which unfortunately came into conflict with Chihori.

"I brought you a fish. Do you want to share it?" Gazimon asked. He held up the grilled fish.

"No, I don't want it," Chihori refused.

"Okay, how about some nuts or fruit then? I picked them myself..."

"Gazimon, I am not hungry!" Chihori sneered at him.

"Oh, okay...um. I know, how about you get some sleep? I'll take care of him, I promise!" Gazimon swore and crossed his heart.

"Go away, Gazimon!" Chihori hissed at the cat/rabbit Digimon.

"But... But I'm your partner." His ears hung down in desperation. He wanted to help his beloved Chihori. But he couldn't. It gave him the feeling of being completely useless.

"What if an evil Digimon attacks us? I have to protect you," Gazimon reasoned.

"The others are here. I don't need you. Just leave me alone!" Chihori sneered back.

Surprisingly, she never met his gaze. It was as if she was hiding something. But Gazimon did not notice it. He was in total shock. His partner had rejected him.

"Fine! I don't need you, either!" Gazimon shouted and ran off toward the trees and the forest before him.

"Chihori! That was not very nice!" Sora scolded as she reached her side.

They had heard them arguing, of course. Anyone close to the camp would have heard it. But Sora found it surprising how badly Chihori had treated her partner. They had traveled together for so long. She did not doubt that Chihori was as kind as she could be. This nasty behavior was so unlike her.

"Yes, Gazimon was only trying to help you," Piyomon added. Sobs could be heard which alarmed Sora, who immediately bowed down to the little girl.

"Chihori, what is it?" she asked the crying girl.