Avery's Court

It had been a few days since the ship attack. You were helping smuggle some explosive shipments, when the armada seized your ship. You were rescued by a representative of Skull Island, Sir Captain Booch Beard. You sat in the small dorm room reading over the letter that was tapped to your door.
Dear newest refugee, you have been invited to tour The Skull Island Academy of Piracy.

You sighed. You thought about what led you to here. Your ship was shattered and burned to ashes. You weren't able to rescue the chest you had discovered in Monquista. You had just found a piece of a map. A map which led you to believe the location of your parents. It had been 6 years on your own. They had dropped you off at your Uncle Jack's, he lived in the skyway, Jonah Town as they called it. A town that sat on the back of a giant whale. He was a nice guy for the most part. You never never tell when he was being honest thou. He taught you to smuggle, aiding in moving supplies through the black market.
You packed your daggers into your satchel, opening your door heading out into the courtyard. The street buzzed with vendors. The surrounding classrooms represented well by their architecture and design. You made your way up the endless stairs. You opened the door of large building, labeled Avery's Hesdquarter's. An older gentleman with a long curly beard. His mustaches curled into a grin, stood signing some paperwork. He glanced up hearing the door. "Ahh! You must be our newest student!" He exclaimed. "If that's what you want to call it." You mumbled rolling your eyes. The parrot on his shoulder squawked. You made a face at the abrupt noise. "Settle down Julian." He pet the bird it cooing. "I am Captain Avery, I reside over Skull island. A safe haven for the rougher sorts of brutes and swashbucklers." He gleamed. "Now if you're ready I have arranged for you to meet some of our mentors. "He handed you a book bag smaller than the one you'd brought. "It may appear small, but it is encased with magic, you should be able to carry any weapons, potions, or even treasures you may find." He spoke leading you to the first classroom. You stood by an open dock, you glanced around. "Am I missing something?" You questioned. Avery smiled, he leaned down taping on a wooden door bolted to the stone ledge. "Aye Stop that Racket! " a shaky voice shouted. The hatch slammed open. An older Pelican poked his head out. His yellow Naval hat covering his face. "Ol' Fish Eye, this is our newest student." Avery gleamed directing attention to you. The pelican hacked and spat into a spit bucket. The ding echoing. He raised an eyebrow, lifting up his eye patch, the eye missing. You made a disgusted face. "This ain't no sharpshooter, Avery. I told you to bring me a Musketeer. He laughed slamming the hatch shut. "Ah classic "Ol'Fish Eye." Avery chuckled. He led you down the stairs. "This is the center for our strongest students." He spoke as you walked in. A 7ft tall, Bull shark stood down the hallway. He was slamming his fists into the punching bag. You and Avery watched as the figure smacked the dummy, sending it flying into the wall. The figure turned, breathing heavily. "Mordekai!" Avery gleamed. The enormous shark walked over to you. He got his snout close to your face. He took a long giant sniff, breathing out right in your face. You closed your eyes, trying not to hurl at the smell of rotting fish. "This be no Buccaneer, Avery. Don Be Wasting my time." Mordekai turned going to gather the dummy he had knocked into the next room. The next classroom he led you to was beautiful. Vines and roses grew around the outside of the walls, almost as a shield. You followed Avery through a side door. "Bonjour!" A lady called from the end of the room. "Ah Bonjour Madame Morgan Lafitte." The voice who spoke stood next to another lady. "Ah and Madame Vadimaa." Avery cooed, swooning at her. The darker complexioned lady giggled. "Avery, a pleasant drop in." She teased. "This is our newest student, Miss Silver." Avery began. "Morgan Lafitte is our steel dancer, our stalking shadow, our master swashbuckler." "How do you do?" She bowed. You followed suit. I like this one, you thought. You smiled at her, you gazed at her appearance. She was.. a raccoon. She was adorned in purple, the sign of royalty. "And Madame Vadima, is our certified fortune teller." Avery joked. Vadima rolled her eyes. "Am a witch darling, trained by ancient hoodoo masters, and even Papa Legbones." She spoke smiling. She closed her eyes, her hands glowing. "I and I believe someone's already peaked a pleasing." The 4 of you looked at the crystal ball. An image of you holding your daggers youd hid in your bag. "Seems we have a little swashbuckler in our midst." Avery spoke. Morgan Lafitte smiled at you. "I'm eager to learn." You spoke. "Great, now if you'll follow me, I have a town meeting about this upcoming school year." Avery stated.
You sat on the stairs outside, waiting for everyone to quiet down. You twirled your dagger in your hand. "Mind if I sit? The fountain provides a lot of shade." A voice spoke. "Yeah, sure." You replied not looking up. "I didn't think I'd make it to the academy." They spoke. "Yeah." You mumbled. "Nor did I think I'd be a buccaneer. Mordekai said something about an issue that Avery needed to announce." You glanced up looking at the teen next to you. He smiled and stuck out his hand. "I'm Josh by the way."