Troggy

"Serena." You spoke shaking his hand. "I've been here for about a month now. Nothing too crazy." He spoke. "I did hear a rumor though, some Troggy's have been invading camps close to the school." "Troggy's?" You questioned tuning Avery's announcement out. "Ancient civilization. Stand on two feet, skin and face of a frog. They're easily persuaded, easy to defeat." He spoke confidently. You raised an eyebrow at him. You returned your attention to Captain Avery. "And with that information, we feel it's better you pair into groups for safety reasons. The east side of the island is off limits for now. Please advise these warnings as some things are not seeming right on the island at this time." He spoke. "Thank You for your time, you may return to your schooling and scrimmages." Avery gleamed. Avery followed by Mordekai, and The Commodore (the Privateer trainer), and walked back to Avery's office. "Have you gone to downtown Skull island? It's where they dock the ships." Josh spoke. He carried a large sword on his back. you followed as he showed the different shops, you stood outside the Bazaar. You were midst a conversation with Josh when a loud crash made you jump. You both ran up the stairs to see the commotion. A shopkeeper was yelling at a teen, who was awkwardly scratching his head. You walked closer the two of you eavesdropping. "It won't happen again shopkeeper Dan. Fang here just saw a parrokeet and got excited." The teen spoke pointing towards the blue panther that laid next to the broken shopcart. The mounts ears were back and it hid it's face almost ashamed. The panther let out a pathetic howl, "see, he's sorry." The teen spoke. "Kai! This is strike 3, I'll give you one more time before I tell Avery of your irresponsible antics. "Thanks Dan!" He yelled.
"Is that a blue panther?" You asked in awe. "Yeah the island is crawling with them, they're friendly things, they'll bond with you and you can ride them around the island for faster land travel." Josh spoke. The teen remounted his panther, it began slowly walking past you. The panther paused sniffing you. "Fang, be respectful." He said pullin on his reins turning his head from you. "Sorry about him, I'm Kai." The teen spoke. "Nice to meet you, I'm Josh and this is Serena." You waved at him as Josh spoke. "Hey random question, do either of you know where to find some spotted mushrooms? Morgan Lafitte said she'd teach me how to enhance a shadow Dance. I'll practically be invisible! No enemies will see me coming." He smirked. "Actually I saw some in the grotto. I can show you." Josh spoke. "We'll catch you later then, Serena?" Josh asked. "Yeah I'll be around." The two guys waved you off as josh whistled. Another blue panther sprinting and stopping by him. "This is Jonsey." He said petting the panther. He mounted the two boys stroad off into the forest.
You turned, examining the island curiously. Might as well explore you thought.
               You made your way up the stairs directing your attention to the awkwardly baracaded path. You made your way, gazing at the jungle. It was breathtaking
You noticed some of those Troggy's josh spoke of. They were firing slingslots loaded with rocks at passing ships. You widened your eyes, hiding behind a bush. The quick movement startled the Troggy's. One raising its spear the other creeping towards the bush. You ducked down further, staring at the creature. Here's my chance you thought. As the creature poked its staff toward the bush, you snatched the end yanking the creature forward. It howled as it rolled over your head. You did a cartwheel, dodging the poison darts the other troggy shot at you. "INCOMING!" You heard a female shout.. You jerked your head, barely dodging as a girl flew past on a vine, her feet connecting with the Troggy's chest. The troggy went flying into a tree unrecovering. The Girl lept off the vine landing next to you. You stood up dusting yourself off. "That was a close one man, they almost had a clear shot of your neck!" The girl gleamed. You noticed her appearance. She had a strap with ammo latched to it. She had a cutlass on her hip. And a telescope peaking from her cloak pocket. "Name's Faith Silver." She spoke extending her hand. You raised an eyebrow in shock, "seems the world is being funny, I'm Serena Silver." You joked. The girl grinned, "seems Ill like you newbie." Faith laughed. "Yeah, well not everyday you see a swashbuckler without her weapons." she spoke to you. "How'd you know I was a swashbuckler?" You asked. The two of you heard back towards Avery's Court. "I mean, it's kinda obvious, the mask you pull over your face when you fight, the cloak with all the pockets for knives, the dagger on your hip, which also why didn't you use?" She curiously asked. "Didn't feel like it." You shrugged. You noticed Kai and Josh next to the fountain. "Kai!" Faith shouted waving at the duo. Kai and Josh paused their conversation, "about time!" He spoke running towards you. "You know Kai?" You asked. "This troublemaker?" She joked. "Oh yeah do I know him." She laughed. "Troublemaker? That's no way to talk about your boyfriend." He laughed putting an arm around her shoulders. You raised an eyebrow. "small world." Josh joked. You smiled. "Uh hey, we're having a beginning of school year bash later tonight. You guys should stop by." Kai spoke. "Hmm maybe I'll stop by." You spoke waving at them heading back to your dorm.