Skull Cave

You arrived at the meeting spot before sunrise the next morning. Felix sat on a stump while Faith sat on a tree branch dangling her legs by his head. "Why is Kai always late." Faith groaned. "The boys had a sleep over last night, passed out on too much yum juice" Felix joked. "You didn't stay?" You asked carving a skull into the trees branch. "Nah, wanted to rest good for whatever today will bring." Felix spoke poking a bug with their staff. Shortly after, the three boys arrived on their mounts. Kai and Josh racing their blue panthers. Ryan keeping pace behind them; he road a tall, chestnut horse. Its course black mane swayed in the wind. The Horse was adorned in a navy blue saddle with gold footstraps and reins. "About time guys." Faith groaned swinging off the tree branch. the 6 of you walked into the jungle, blasting Troggy's and giant tree crabs. "Those look like massive ocean spiders." Kai grimaced. "Oh piss off Kai, I know you are not scared of coconut crabs." Ryan teased. "Do you hear that?" Josh put out his arm, blocking the way forward. The group paused, "it, it sounds like-" "A construction site." Faith interjected Felix. You crept a little further down the path. You landed upon a dig site surrounded by tents and campfires. "Oh sh*t!" Kai yelled in a whisper quickly ducking behind the larger tent. "Kai is that?" Josh began. "Is that who?" you questioned slightly shoving Kai. "Shushhhh, that's Fin Dorsel." A giant shark, slightly larger than Mordekai, walked with a posey of Troggy's behind him. "We've encountered him before, he is not a friendly foe." Josh spoke in a shushed tone. "We lost my ship that day." Kai frowned at the memory. A troggy jerked his head in the direction the 6 of you hid. "I know I said not to, but we should split up." Ryan stated, moving back trying to not be seen. "I think he's right." You whispered. Josh raised an eyebrow, nodding. "Me, Felix, and Kai." Josh began while pointing at the group, "Will go explore that ship wreck and try to see what they're looking for. And Ryan, Faith,& Serena, follow fin into the cave, see what he's scheming." Josh spoke sliding his blade out of its case. The first trio snuck their way through the campsite, hiding in a giant bush that had grown into the side of the ancient ship wreck. "Ladies first." Ryan joked in a whisper. You elbowed his side, rolling your eyes. Faith began sneaking along the cave wall, you followed behind. Ryan raised his rifle, watching behind you guys. You crept your way into the cave, lurking in the shadows. you stumbled upon a hidden door in the cave. Ryan shot the lock, it snapping off. You slowly crept into the room. It was a map room. Diagrams and ancient texts lined the sacrificial table. illuminated worlds hovered over the map. Ryan reached his hand, cupping one of the spiraling worlds entrapped in a bubble, in his hand. "This one looks like Cool Ranch." He mumbled. Faith circled the table, pointing at another bubble. "And this one seems to be Aquila!" She gleamed in awe. You stood next to Ryan staring at the tiny world he held in his palm. "What is this place." you questioned turning and starting to flip through the open book on the table. "Seems a study area,Hey, Look at this." Faith spoke. She was across the room next to another table. You and Ryan walked over peering at what she'd found. "It's made of hide, specifically buffaloon." Ryan pointed out. "Buffaloon?" You asked raising an eyebrow. "Big fellas run rampid over the skyways in cool ranch. Imagine a giant bison, with itty bitty bumblebee wings, with stingers that paralyze you for 24hours." Ryan began. "Oh just 24hours, cool" you mumbled. "Wait, what was that, flip it over." You noticed something on the other side. Faith gasped, it looks like a map!" She spoke. "Hey, I've seen that stream in the corner." Ryan mumbled pointing at the map piece. "What would fin need this map for?" You questioned. "Nothing good, I can presume." Ryan spoke up.
          The three of you jerked your heads, hearing a door slam. A deep low voice chuckled. "Ya know what I hate more than people sneaking around in my stuff. Pesky Pirates touching my map piece!" He gnarled. Your eyes widened, Ryan stepped in front, readying his rifle. "Oh pesky Musket, a bullet won't stop me." He growled. Ryan fired two shots, zooming past Fin's head. It was awkwardly silent. The bullets shot out a rope supporting some ceiling beams. The rope frayed, snapping sending the beams hurdling down. Fin roared as the debris fell on him. Faith snatched the map piece shoving it into her satchel. "I think we should go." You claimed, slowly backing away. "I'm right with you." Ryan stated. Fin began throwing debris off his body. The three of you began running through the cave. Fin chased after you, smashing into supply crates and barrels in the way. You were almost toward the exit. Fin outreached his hook of a fin, cutting a rope. A gate began falling to trap you in. Ryan dove sliding face first under the gate, Faith tumbling under. You stumbled on a rock, regaining your sprint. "SERENA! ITS GOING TO CLOSE!" Faith shouted. "HURRY!" Ryan yelled. You pulled out two daggers, throwing them, wedging the sides of the gate. You slide as fast as gravity would allow it, the gate haulting with barely a foot between it and the ground. Ryan Grabbed your arm, helping you to your feet. You noticed how close fin was, you and Faith snatching the daggers, the gate entrapping him inside. Fin swung his arms through the bars. "This is a big mistake Pirate. That map should not fall into the wrong hands." He snarled, clawing at you. "You snooze ya lose fish fry." Ryan mocked the 3 of you running to find the others.