The Buccaneer

Josh's POV
You gulped sipping the tea. Your body shivered and you grabbed your head the ache of a memory flooding your mind.
Flashback
You grabbed the supplies your mom had just purchased. You began to carry them to the sip at the dock. You noticed a weird armored ship pulling into the dock. "Mom?" You yelled. She looked up from removing the anchor. Her eyes widened. "Joshua, get to the boat now honey." She yelled back. You heard a loud sound. Your eyes widened. Your mom had told you tales of her adventures, her crew fighting off these clockworks. You knew exactly who they were. On the left stood Deacon, on the right Rooke, and directly in the middle smiling right at you, was Kane. "Ahh just the family I came to find." Kane smirked tapping his cane as he walked to you. Your mother had jumped off the ship, stepping in front of you. "Kane, what do I owe the pleasure." She spat. Her left hand held her cutlass. "Rebecca please, no need for violence. You know exactly why I'm here." "I don't have the map piece, sold it for supplies. "Oh Rebecca Kelley I know you pirates are the same. Give me the map piece and maybe you live another day." "Then I guess you'll have to kill me." "Very well." Kane snapped his fingers the clockworks raising their rifles. You dropped the supplies you held, hugging your mom from behind. "KAN DAVASI." She yelled. The clockworks lowered their rifles. "Oh Rebecca, always so difficult. And to protect him? What a pathetic excuse of a buccaneer. You and him, he's weak." He spat. Your face grew in anger. You ripped the small dagger you stole, charging at Kane." JOSHUA! No!" Your mother yelled. Kane chuckled pulling his pistol. you rolled stabbing his knee with the dagger. He howled shooting shots. The clockworks raised their rifles. Your mom cartwheeled kicking two, she pulled her cutlass slashing another 3. She shot at Deacon knocking him into the water. "ENOUGH!" Kane yelled. He raised his gun aiming for you. You flinched at the sound. Why weren't you in pain? You gasped as your mom stood. Her body shaking as she fell to her knees. Kane limped away Rooke trying to help deacon. "This is not the end Pirate." He spat. They sailed away. You threw yourself on your mom, crying. "Ahh, it's okay, we're gonna be okay." She cooed. She coughed wincing at the pain. "Listen to me, the chest in my room, take that piece," she coughed again. "Take it." She winced her eyes rolling. "Take it to who!" you cried through tears. You smacked the ground screaming as she laid limp.