The Golden Monkey.

Serena's POV.
This upcoming weekend approached quickly. You packed your bag locking your dorm and stepping out into Avery's Court. You whistled, your giant flying Manta ray swam over, you mounted it's back. "Hi Mira, who's a good girl." You cooed. The manta ray did a flip causing you to laugh. "Come on, let's meet the others." You pulled on her reins, she dashed forward through the town. you arrived at the dock a few minutes later. You dismounted, "about time, we were gonna leave without you Silver" Josh joked. Kai laughed and began raising the anchor as you climbed aboard. You noticed the the dark grey finish on the wood, the sail embroidered in silver. "This is Faith's ship!" Kai yelled over the swan and sparked in your way. Ryan and Felix shot at the few in front of the skyway, they scattered allowing the ship to boost forward. "12 notch's north Cap!" Kai yelled. Faith nodded turn the ship slightly to the left. you noticed an ancient archway covered in vines. "Land Ho!" Josh joked. You hopped off the ship helping tie it to the old beat up dock. "Are you sure this is what was on the map." You asked. "I'm positive." Josh exclaimed."It looks as if no one has been docked here for ages." Ryan exclaimed pushing at some branches. Felix mumbled a spell, fire sizzling away the vines. "Over here." Faith said, pointing to a doorway just big enough for us to crawl through. You made your way through the tunnel bonking your head muttering a few curses.you crawled, reaching a chamber. A giant skylight illuminated a golden throne. "We have Visitors!" A voice boomed. A giant gorilla jumped from the column, landing with a boom, denting the ground in front of you. Josh raised his shield, you holding your knives in defense. "Woah,we're not here for monkey business." Josh joked grinning at the beast. "Your weak attempt at humor does not puzzle me pirate. Do you know who you stand before?" He boomed. The giant gorilla held an enormous axe in his fist. He banged on his chest. All of a sudden you felt a sharp stab in your back. Guardian monkeys held spears to your backs. "I thought you were watching our backs." You harshly whispered at Ryan. Holding your hands dropping your knives up in defeat. "Oh sorry I was just distracted by the GIANT GORILLA." He yelled the last part.
                The creature deeply chuckled. "You May See a Gorilla, but I am a Warrior. I am The Golden Monkey!" He boomed. The warrior monkeys jumped hollering in excitement. "Talk about self centered," faith whispered to Felix. "Self Centered? No Pirate, this jungle, it showed me true reality, and worlds beyond. I help those in need." "Okay? Yeah? So do we." Kai stuttered the monkey poking its spear harder into his back. "Speak your truth then Swashbuckler." "We know who you are Gortez, we need your help." Kai pleaded. The giant gorilla's eyes widened. "Gortez.." he mumbled. "That is a name I have not heard in years." He chuckled. "Look, Mr. Golden Monkey Gortez," you started walking closer to him your arms still up. "We found a special map, and we think a piece of it accidentally wound up here." You finished. The King held up his hand. The warriors lowering their spears. "What is your name young pirate?" He questioned inches from you. You almost broke your neck to make eye contact with him. "Serena Silver." You spoke. The King raised an eyebrow. His gaze set on Ryan. "And you young lad, What is yours?" "Um Valkoor Ryan, Your Majesty." He exclaimed fixing his hat and hair. The gorillas gaze softened. He grabbed his crown, pulling a piece of map from inside. "We knew this day would come, when the children of Marco Pollo's crew would come to search for them.
        I was entrusted with a map piece, same as some other old friends." The gorilla gently offered the map piece to you, "evil is rising, guard it with your life, child of Silver. Trust no one, not even I." He boomed. You were ushered out by the monkeys before getting to ask further questions. "Uh what did he mean children of Marco Pollo's crew?" Kai asked. "I'm not sure, but we have our 3rd map piece." Felix stated. "Well, I think we should do some research." You stated. The 6 of you held the pieces together. "Hey, that's a wagon cart!" Ryan spoke up. "The next piece must be in Cool Ranch." Faith continued for him. "Oo I've never been to Cool Ranch. Old scratch says there's a haunted skyway!" Felix gleamed. "Then it's settled, we're headed to Cool Ranch." Josh exclaimed.