Road to Cool Ranch

You and Faith, walked down the streets of Valencia, you held your heads high not making eye contact with any of the locals. "Now, the library should just be on the left." Faith spoke as you came upon a magnificent arched doorway. You opened the heavy stained glass door. "Blimey, looks like a marleybone priest threw up in here." You joked. "Yeah I heard Marleybone once tried to seize Valencia, they ended in a trade pact ironically." She laughed. The two of you crept through the massive corridors. You noticed the librarian entering through a hidden hall. "I think we head that way." Faith nodded. The both of you held hands, closing your eyes. You whispered the ancient charm. Your bodies disappearing in a cloud of mist. You hurriedly snuck through the door before it closed. A hallway with 3 doors. "I think we should pick door number 3." You laughed. Faith glanced at the door with several large locks. "I presume the Librarian has the keys." She spoke rolling her eyes. "Seriously?" You laughed, kneeling down eye level with the lock. "We're pirates, Faith. Breaking In is definitely the first chapter in the book of piracy." You joked. Faith laughed leaning next to you. You took a small dagger, wedging it on the end of the deadbolt. "Now, just line it up, and wiggling in the direction of the lock imprint." You spoke as Faith wedged her cutlass blade tip into the 2nd lock. You both wiggled your weapons, hearing loud clicks. "Wow, easy enough." She joked.
    You went to grab the door handle, as your hand touched it the door eerily crept open. You made a face at the noise. "Yikes, when was the last time some one was in here." Faith spoke. Old relics, lined on display encased for viewing. You noticed the layers of dust covering the once clear glass. "I'd say, probably since the map was in one piece." You joked, walking over trying to peer at some of the relics. you searched for 10 minutes. "These aren't even labeled and dated properly." Faith huffed. "It's almost like-" "a clockwork displayed them?" You cut her off. "Exactly like that." She grinned. you crossed your arms examining a glass container. The lights in the room flickered. You heard footsteps booming in the hallway. The chandelier began shaking. the two of you quickly hid behind one of the bigger displays. The two of you quickly recasting the shadow dance. "I'm telling you, I didn't come in here! It was just open! No signs of forced entry!" The librarian spoke. He was obviously annoyed crossing his arms. "I see to it you take inventory, if anything's missing it'll be on your head." A deep monotone voice spoke. "My head? You lot are the ones supposed to be protecting us!" The librarian huffed. A large masked clockwork stood in a trench coat, pistol on his holster, cutlass in his hand. "Commander Deacon!" A clockwork ran in the room. "Rooke's fleet found a pirates ship, abandoned just outside the port!" He exclaimed. The large clockwork, turned. No expression on his face. "Tell Rooke, he better find our little intruder." The voiced demanded, his boots and cane clacking on the tile as he left. As he left, the chandelier stopped shaking, you glanced up as the lights flickered again. Your eyes widened, you began rapidly smacking faiths arm , "ow, OW! Hey, stop that, use your words." She groaned looking at you annoyed, you rolled your eyes, silently pointing up. She glanced at the direction you pointed. "It was above us the whole time." She gasped.Whoever designed this room had used the Cool Ranch Moonstone to power and electrify the lights. "I mean, I guess that's one way to do it." You mumbled as you held Faith on your shoulders as she unscrewed the windstone. "Let's get back to the others, I don't like the vibe here at all." You spoke. She nodded the two of you casting your charm, invisible once more, creeping back through the library.
         There now stood guards at the front door. "Now what, we can't just walk past them in shadow and open the doors." Faith whispered as you crouched behind the massive bookshelf. "I mean... what if we just walk by normally." you whispered. "I suppose, I mean we do look the part." She whispered back. "I would just, hide your weapon." You lowly laughed, her pulling her cutlass under her gown. The two of you undid the spell fixing your dresses. You paced yourselves trying not to show your nerves as you walked past the villagers and clockworks of Valencia. You reached to open the doors, when the two clockworks blocked the way with their metal spears. "Oh do pardon us, we'll be late to class if we don't leave now." Faith spoke in a higher pitched voice. "We didn't see the lots of you come in. Where were u' hidn." The one clockwork spoke in a thick Marleybone accent. "Hiding?" You cleared your throat, changing the pitch in your voice to sound more innocent. "We were just burried in our textbooks, over there" You spoke pointing randomly behind you. The clockworks made no expressions, slowly moving there spears back into stand letting you pass. You left the library and hurriedly walked towards the dock. "I don't think I want to come back here for a while." You joked. "I'll agree to that." Faith Smiled.