The Privateer

Faith's POV
You sat at a giant table, the monks offering teas and asking if your wounds needed tending to. "Honestly, thank you for your kindness. But how is our friend doing?" The head nurse smiled. "She's all patched up, asleep right now if you'd like to see her." She cooed. You gave her a small smile, Felix joining you as you knocked on the sliding door. "Come In." You heard a small whisper. "Hey," you softly said sitting on a stool beside Serena. "See, you're a trooper. How do you feel?" Felix asked joining on the opposite side. "Like I got hit by a raft." He joked. You laughed. "Tell Kai, he'd be an excellent doctor." She grinned. You grabbed her hand. "Monkey king has a friend that may know where Egg Foo was taken. If you're up for it, we can have the 5th map piece by tomorrow." You spoke softly. She nodded. "I'll get my gear on, I can be ready within the hour?" She smiled. The two of you leave the room joining the others in the ceremonial tea room. A goat monk sat at the end with two cow monks sitting on either side. "Come, join us." He spoke. You took a spot beside Kai. Felix sitting in between Ryan and Josh. "I'm glad you all have decided to try the calming ceremony." The goat spoke. "Calming ceremony?" You questioned whispering to Kai. He leaned next to your ear. "He said it will relieve our trauma, and unblock our chakras to make our fighting flow better." He whispered. He sat back up paying attention. "This is a sacred tea of mooshu, composed of the leaves of the yum fruit and some lotus roots." the goat continued. He poured the 5 of you a cup of the tea. "Now, once taken, your mind will open, all your troubling thoughts will disperse into the cosmos, no longer your problems." He spoke softly smiling. You glanced at the tea, the leaves almost forming a smile. "Bottoms up I guess." Ryan joked. Kai laughed taking sips of his tea. "Now close your eyes, let the tea encourage your harm to leave your mind." You closed your eyes folding your hands in your lap.
Flashback
"Look, do you see it now? " your mom said adjusting the telescope. You stood on the tip of your toes, the crows nest slightly taller than you. You gasped in awe. "Momma, it's a comet!" You gleamed. She chuckled. "Not just any comet, Marco Pollos comet." She spoke. "Marco Pollo?" You furrowed your brow. your mom helped you climb down. "When you see the stars, little moon, I want you to always remember these times. This world is a blessing of wonder. Never be afraid of adventure my little privateer." She cooed bending down rubbing your cheek. "I'd been saving this for when you're older, but you're amazing little moon, so talented and strong." She smiled. She had pulled out a small cutlas. "A piece of me, always with you little moon." She hugged you. a loud crack of thunder interrupted your moment. "Honey! Storms here! Get below deck." You heard your father yell. Your mothers eyes widened. she scoped you up, running to the safe room below deck. "I'll be right back little moon, stay in here until I come get you. She handed you your favorite blankie. "Momma and dadda love you little moon." She blew you a kiss, locking the top latch. "Momma?" You cried out hearing another loud crack of thunder. It was dark in the bunker. The ship swayed making you cling to your blankie. Your kittie zuzu, was shaking hiding in your lap. you held onto her right, tears rolling down your face.