Chapter Three ~ A Problem?

It was beginning to get late and most of the girls were barely awake. Keira had been asleep on Lucy for the past half an hour now. We decided it was best to go up to the rooms and prepare for the first training session tomorrow. This was the part I was dreading. Ellie and Alex left first and I stayed behind to talk to Alessia and Ella while we walked up the stairs.

"Message me if you need anything Tara, I'm just in this room here," Leah said, walking up behind me and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Thanks Le, will do," I turned round and hugged her before catching up with Ella and Alessia.

"You know Le from Arsenal right?" Lessi asked once I had reached them.

"Yeah, she's been like a big sister the whole time, even when I first joined at eleven," I smiled thinking about how much Leah actually meant to me.

"Leah tends to be like that, she's very protective of everyone," Ella agreed with me, "who are you roomed with by the way," the brunette asked.

"Oh erm... Ellie," I said quietly.

"Is that a... bad thing?" Alessia asked, shooting a confused look over to Ella on the other side of me.

"no, I don't think it is... she just hasn't really acknowledged me, she said Hi and then left earlier. I can't tell if it's something I've done or not," When i stopped talking I looked at the two girls who had cheeky smiles on their faces, "what? what is it?"

"Goodnight, T," Alessia said, walking into the room, Ella following.

"what? you can do that!" I said, actually quite annoyed that they had left me on that note.

"just thing about it Tara... all I'm going to say," Ella smirked before saying goodnight and leaving me to walk a little bit further down to my room. My head raced as I walked to my door and unlocked it with my key card.

Upon entering, I could hear a quiet conversation but couldn't make out who it was or what they were on about.

"Tara, hi," Alex said as I saw who was with Ellie.

"Hi, everything okay?" I asked.

"yeah everything's great, I was about to leave, don't want to get in your way," the blonde said, while Ellie, next to her, kept her head down.

"oh no worries," I smiled and Alex returned it. As Alex stood up to leave, she whispered in Ellie's ear and gave her a reassuring smile. I saw this interaction in the mirror while I took my earrings out. Once alex had left, the room fell silent. I could see Ellie on her phone out of the corner of my eye and I was contemplating whether I should start a conversation or not.

"Good first day?" I questioned, causing the blonde to shift her focus from her phone to me.

"mhm, was okay, yours?" She replied bluntly, only a small smile making itself onto her face. I really couldn't tell if she hated my guts or not.

"Yeah, was good, not as scary as I thought it would be," I laughed, hoping to brighten up the mood a little but the blonde barely responded. I looked down at my hands for a second before continuing, "is there... some kind of problem here?"

"problem?" Ellie asked.

"yes, you've barely looked at me today... you're not even looking at me now," I said, a sense of annoyance in my voice that the blonde had clearly detected.

"oh erm..." the blonde struggled to find words, "no there's no problem," she said and I managed to calm myself.

"are you sure? I can find another roommate if you want me too,"

"no," the blonde replied weirdly fast which made me raise an eyebrow. My suspicions can't be true? I know the girls were hinting it too but, why would she avoid me if that was the case? I thought I would try and investigate a little.

"why not?" I asked, putting on a confused face, "surely you'd want to room with someone you talk to?"

"because..." she stopped to think, "there's not last minute room changes here, they get annoyed," she said and I was annoyed my plan had failed.

"oh right, guess you're stuck with me then, would appreciate it if you spoke to me every now and then," I said as I walked out of the room and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

Once I was in the bathroom I opened up my chat with Sammy.

Sam🤨

Hey, you free to call?

Of course I am, anything for you😉

Don't make this weird🤨

*Incoming Call From Sam🤨*

I answered the phone call and sat on top of the toilet seat. A smile formed on my face as soon as I saw the brunette appear on my screen.

"hello my little lioness," Sammy joked as she gave me a little smirk.

"hello you, miss you already," I said.

"miss you more," she replied, "don't know how i'm going to survive without you here," she said, dramatically placing her hand onto her head.

"drama queen," I laughed as I watched her pretend to cry.

"anyways, how has your first day been? anything interesting happen?" she asked. she's always been one for gossip, in fact, she's the reason I was always in trouble in school.

"Yeah it's been good," I said before turning to a whisper, "bit of roommate trouble though," I said and Sam looked like she was ready to fight.

"what? why? what's happened?" she demanded answers from me.

"no no, nothing bad, just confusing, can't tell if she hates me or is just shy," I said, giving Sam all the answers she needed.

-

About 20 minutes passed and I ended the call with Sammy. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I unlocked the door and made my way back into the bedroom where Ellie had now got dressed into some pyjamas.

"who was that?" she unexpectedly asked me when I walked passed.

"why do you care?" I raised my eyebrow at her, waiting for a response.

"cause she was clearly important enough to stop me from using the bathroom for an hour," she smirked before getting up and heading towards the room.

This girl really wasn't letting anything on was she?

"well for your information, It was my best friend, and some people can actually keep conversations for longer than twenty seconds," I said just before she closed the door. She gave me a smug look before closing it properly.

This was going to be fun...