Chapter Twenty Six ~ 'I Love Yous'

4 months later

"Here she is!" Leah called as I dragged my suitcase through the automatic doors and into the reception of the one and only st. George's Park.

"Sorry Leah but I've got someone more important to see," I smirked, walking passed the blonde and walking straight into the arms of Ellie.

"If you weren't this cute i'd be so mad right now," Leah joked, before turning back to her conversation with Beth and Lucy. As I wrapped my arms around Ellie's waist and dug my head into the crook of her neck, I finally felt at home again.

"I've missed you," She whispered into my ear, stroking the hair on my head as she did so. This is going to be hard

Eventually, we both pulled away and looked into each others eyes, smiling a little before pulling away completely as to not PDA to the point of vomiting. "do you know the rooms yet?" I asked her, pulling my suitcase closer to me.

"maybe I do, maybe I don't," she smirked like a little kid.

"we're rooming together aren't we?" I laughed, causing Ellie to look defeated.

"did I really give it away that much?" she sighed and I nudged her on the shoulder as I laughed.

"right, I need to go apologise to Leah, come with me," I ignored her previous question and headed over to the blonde who I had previously pied. Jumping on her back I shouted " IM BACK!".

"I see nothings changed with you in these past few weeks," Leah giggled into my ear while we hugged.

"of course not, never will change," I laughed back, pulling away from the hug to greet the rest of the girls that were here. After hugging Beth and Lucy and then Ella and Alessia who had now walked into the reception, we all started to walk upstairs. Ellie, just as she did that first camp, carried my suitcase up the stairs along with hers.

"We have a team meeting at 5 by the way so please be on time," Leah said as we parted ways into our separate rooms, earning a few hums and nods in return. Entering our room, I walked straight through to where the beds were, smirking a little at the idea of how this went down last camp.

with a thud, Ellie put our suitcases down and walked up behind me, placing her arms around my waist and her chin on my shoulder.

"I hope you're not going to ignore me this time," I joked, referencing the previous camp. I felt Ellie shake her head before kissing my cheek and lingering near my ear for a moment.

"wouldn't dream of it," she whispered. not seductively. lovingly. A smile crept onto my face as I turned in her arms and put my hands on her neck.

"good," I whispered back against her lips, slowly connecting them in a calm and gentl kiss. Just as things began to get a little too heated, ellie decided it was best to end it there and pulled away very reluctantly.

"that was rude," I laughed while understanding why she did it.

"i'm sorry love," she smiled back, giggling at the state of the two of us, acting like little children. "I love you," she added onto the end, earning a cheeky smile from Ellie.

I smiled at the blonde before cuddling into her chest. this was going to be really hard.

Flashback

"I wish you didn't have to go back tomorrow," Ellie frowned, causing me to lift my head off her chest and look up at her as we lay on the bed.

"I know, me too, but the seasons almost done and we can make up for lost time this summer... hopefully," I reassured her, moving a strand of blonde hair from her face.

"you know..." she paused after and stared into my eyes.

"know what?" I asked, not one hundred percent sure what she was getting at.

"it's nothing," she shook her head and focused back on the Tv, however, my gaze remained on the beautiful girl lay under me.

"no, tell me," I whispered. me and Ellie had established whispering as our way of allowing the other person to be vulnerable. It let the other person know that no one else could hear us and it was only us in that moment. The blonde moved her gaze back to me and smiled widely.

As we made eye contact again she said, "I love you,". Butterflies.

I paused in shock. not that it was too soon or not the right time but it felt odd to have someone feel the same way towards me as I did to them. keep hold of that, it's going to become important.

I saw the panic begin to rise on her face so I cupped her cheek and kissed her slowly.

"I love you"

end of flashback

For the next hour or so, we spent the time just unpacking a few things before we had to go to the team meeting. Every now and then, we would take a break for a quick make out session that one of us, each time, would have to stop before it became too heated. As I folded a jumper onto the bed, I felt s pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me into them.

"what now?" I joked.

"I love you," she whispered into my ear. I was beginning to love our 'I love yous' more than I thought I ever would. in my life, 'I love you' was always thrown around here there and everywhere and I promised I would never use it unlessI really felt it, because I knew how it felt to be told it but not feel it.

"you too," I said, turning my head around to see her. she seemed sad at my response but didn't reply.

I meant those words more than i've ever meant anything ever. But what If I didn't? What if I thought I felt love but really felt nothing? How could I know what love really felt like if I had never been given it before?

What if I hurt her?