Chapter Five ~ Fancy You

"Ellie?" I called into the empty room, "Ellie are you in here?" I called again but there was silence, I look over at the toilet door and see the door is locked.

carefully, I make my way over to the door and knock gently, "Ellie? Can you let me in... please?" I said, trying to get her attention.

"Tara, go away," I heard her say back to me but I wasn't about to back down that easily.

"I'm not going away until you talk to me, I want to know what's been happening ever since we got here, just let me in Ellie," I explained and there was silence on the other end. until, the lock clicked and the blonde left the toilet, walking straight passed me and over to her area.

"come on then, I'll talk to you," she said, patting the space next to her. I quickly walked over and sat down.

"let's start with the first day... what was that all about?" I cautiously asked and waited for her response. She looked right into my eyes as if she was debating whether she should tell me about it or not. finally she spoke up...

"I didn't mean to ignore you, I really didn't, but I also didn't know what to do, how to act around you," I was lost at this point and furrowed my brows, "At city games against you, you were always really good and..." she stopped.

"and what?"

"I guess i've had my eye on you a little bit, but i'm not a creep I promise," I laughed at this but allowed her to continue. "All the city girls would make fun of me for it, joking of course, but admitting I fancied a girl... it's a big thing you know, so when I knew you'd be here I just panicked, I didn't know what jokes would be made if I spoke to you,"

"that's why you didn't like them laughing at us," I put the pieces together in my head as she spoke.

"well done sherlock," she laughed, a tear falling down her face. As it started to fall, I leaned across and wiped it away with my hands.

"hey, don't get upset, they only joke because they love you, they wouldn't do that to just anyone, and plus, you don't have to be embarrassed about fancying me... who wouldn't fancy me?" I said flicking my pony tail and earning a small laugh from the blonde.

"Can you pretend I never told you that part? I don't want to imagine what you think of me now," she said, hiding her face a little out of embarrassment.

"I don't want to forget that part," I said and she looked at me, "i'm not going to come out and say I really like you... remember you've barely spoken to me?" and the blonde laughed, "but if you give me the chance, I'm willing to get to know you more Ellie," I said, her face lit up at my words.

"yeah?"

"of course, I'd be lying if I said you'd never caught my eye either," I smiled before standing up and holding my hand out to her, "come on, let's go train without caring what the others think,"

Ellie grabbed my hand and smiled , "thanks Tara,"

"of course," and on that, I pulled her back out onto the training pitch and we got back to work.

-

"how did it go with ellie?" Ella asked as we were walking back in after a few hours of training. I didn't speak at first and decided whether I should tell her or keep it a secret for Ellie.

"oh, she was just a bit overwhelmed that's all," I chose to lie and Ella seemed to believe it, lucky escape that.

"oh okay, so she spoke to you?"

"she did, I think we've finally broke the ice," I smirked before walking off, leaving both ella and Less stood there amazed. As i approached Leah and Keira I jumped on Leah's back and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey," I said happily.

"and what's made you so happy little one," Leah laughed and Keira giggled at my state.

"nothing, just happy to be here," I lied and nuzzled my head into Leah's neck.

"yeah right, you're gonna explain to me later," Leah told me.

"okay mom," I said and Keira spat her water out at my attitude while Leah just rolled her eyes at me. at this, I jumped off her back and continued the walk to the changing rooms walking at their side.

-

After everyone was done and training was over, I made my way back to my room for a bit before joining the other girls downstairs.

"Tara, where are you going?" I heard Ellie call from behind me, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to her.

"just going back to the room for a bit, I'll be back down in a bit,"

"i'll come with you, is that okay?" she asked innocently.

"Can't get rid of you now can I?" I said and she looked a little sad, "Ellie i'm joking... sorry that was bad timing," I apologised and held my hand out for her to take while we walked. "so how are you feeling now?" I asked her.

"better, much more relaxed now i'm over everything," she breathed and I smiled at her.

"i'm glad," we reached the room and I let go of her hand to unlock the door, "I'm really glad you spoke to me earlier, you know I'm not going to tell anyone don't you?" I asked, making sure she knew she could trust me.

"Yeah I know, thanks," she says, sitting down on the edge of the bed while I went into the bathroom to freshen up a little bit.

After ten minutes, I came out of the bathroom to find Ellie fast asleep on her bed. I couldn't leave her now. So instead, I walked over to my bed and messaged Leah

Le🫶🏼

Me
Hey, me and ellie are going to be down a bit later, start the movie without us x

Le🫶🏼
Why? don't get up to anything!

Me
Ew Leah, no! don't go there, she's fallen asleep and I can't leave her!

Le🫶🏼
hmm okay, you still need to tell me what happened remember🤨

Me
Maybe I will maybe I won't, you'll have to wait and see🫣