Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Are You Serious?!

Time Skip ~ 20th December 2023

After Ellie and Tara left camp, they continued to work on themselves and each other. yes, being apart made it difficult, but if anything, it made it easier for the two to see how much they loved one another. The constant messages and nightly FaceTime's were nothing compared to the late night chats and cuddles they shared when they were together. And now, at christmas, they were able to do just that, at the two girls favourite time of the year. Christmas meant that they were free for two weeks and their once busy schedule became clear for just themselves and family, but of course, seeing each other was the part they looked forward to most. After Her last game of the season, Tara left to go to manchester and see Ellie, leaving the anual arsenal christmas party early to ensure she was sober enough to drive.

Arriving at Ellie's door, Tara's smile spread across her face as she brought her hand to the knocker. But before she could knock...

"TARA!" Ellie shouted, opening the door, almost as if she'd been waiting by it for her arrival. The blonde wrapped her arms around Tara and squeezed her tight, she squeezed her as if this was the last time she was ever going to see her, but the two would never let that happen.

"I've missed you," Tara whispered in ellie's ear, holding onto her just as tight.

"i've missed you more T," Ellie mumbled. After a while, the two pulled apart and smiled at one another. "right, go in and get comfy, i'll go and get your things," Ellie said, kissing the brunette's nose and leaving before tara could argue.

...

"Right, I have celebrations or quality street," Ellie announced as she walked in from the kitchen.

"Are you being for real?" Tara said with the most serious face she could hold.

"wha- what? what did I-"

"celebrations or quality street?"

"y- erm- yeah?" ellie stuttered.

"what psychopath chooses quality street over celebrations?!" Tara said, breaking a slight smile.

"Jesus christ Tara! give me a heart attack why don't you!" Ellie laughed, putting down the quality street and carrying over the celebrations.

"what? i was being for serious!" Tara laughed, causing Ellie to laugh at her discombobulated sentence. The two laughed as Ellie clicked play on 'Love Actually'.

"actual idiot" Ellie whispered into Tara's hair while they snuggled closer to one another. "bounty?" Ellie offered with a wide grin spread across her face.

"Fuck off," Tara groaned, hitting the blonde with a Pillow (I would say softly but it really wasn't)

...

near the end of the movie tara spoke, "Ellie why haven't you shown up at my door with signs confessing your undying love to me?" Ellie didn't quite know how to respond to that question and so she giggled.

"erm..." she wondered through giggles, along with tara who was now laughing, "well you're the one who had the chance to do it to me today so?" Ellie turned it around on tara.

"yeah but like..." she was stuck for words, "that's not what I asked" Tara laughed, going a shade of pink. To shut her up, Ellie leaned into the brunette who was snuggled into her chest and pecked her lips. When she pulled away, Tara wanted more and so she pulled her back in, not letting her go. When they pulled away, Ellie opened her eyes.

"tara look!" she said, pointing at the window that had now been overtaken by darkness.

"what?" the brunette said as she turned around.

"it's snowing,"

They both looked at each other with wide eyes, "you don't even need to ask, come on!" Ellie smiled, dragging Tara up by her hand and dragging her outside. despite the temperature being below freezing, the two didn't seem to care, as when they stepped outside and felt the snow fall onto their hands, there was a warmth amongst them. A warmth that both the girls could feel, and it only strengthened when they made eye contact and stared into each other's eyes.

"It's so pretty" Tara gasped, walking slightly infront of Ellie and looking up at the sky.

"I know," Ellie smiled, but didn't take her eyes off the girl infront of her. She didn't disagree, the snow was beautiful, but in her eyes, nothing compared to the girl stood a few steps in front of her. nothing amounted to more than the girl she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Being led further outdoors, Ellie admired Tara. she admired how her eyes looked brighter in the snow. she admired how the wispy bits of her hair danced in the wind. But most of all, she admired how the little girl came out of her as soon as she stepped into the snow. Not being able to hold back any longer. Ellie pulled Tara back with her hands and pulled her in by her waist. Within a moment, she had connected their lips in a perfect kiss, Tara's hands snaking around her neck.

"I love you Tara Louise Holland," Ellie said, the smile on her face bigger than ever.

"I love you El... I love you more than anything in this world..." she smiled, tears brimming in her eyes.

"I love you most," Ellie whispered before pulling her back in for another kiss, this is just how the two had dreamed love would be like...

...

"Okay, I know it's not christmas day yet but I really cannot wait another moment to give you this, so, erm... here," Ellie said as she came out of the bathroom and grabbed an enveloping, passing it to Tara as she climbed into bed.

"okay..." Tara laughed nervously as she saw Ellie's face switch constantly between overly excited and extremely nervous. "Ellie you're worrying me, what is it?" She laughed, hoping she wasn't about to find out that ellie was running away to paris and leaving her (it's her overthinking, leave her be!!)

"no it's okay... in fact it's really okay, like very very really okay... just open in!"

Tara took no time to open the envelope and began reading through the words on the page. Until her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

No way.

*   *   *
Hellooooo😁 This was really cute to write. just wish i wasn't AN HOUR AWAY FROM MY GF RN😒 but it's okay cause slay (it's very much not okay but that's lesbianism) Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter 🫶🏼