Chapter Twenty ~ Comfort

Instantly, I picked up my pace and speed walked over to Ellie, a smile growing on her face the closer that I got. Once I reached her, I ran straight into her arms and held her close. The blondes arms wrapped securely around my waist and held me tightly.

"I've missed you," She whispered in my ear, my head resting in the crook of her neck. I felt safe in her arms.

"I've missed you too," I said, pulling away and looking into her eyes. It had been a few days and seeing her again had made me this happy? jeez tara get a grip.

"I want to kiss you so badly right now," she whispered. I looked around to scan the area, only to be met with a deserted street, in pitch black apart from the street lamp just beside us.

"go on then," I replied. before reacting to my response, Ellie placed her lips onto mine and tightened her grip around my waist; trying to pull me as close to her as possible. I started pulling her closer by her neck, but still kept the kiss soft and sweet. I didn't realise how much I missed the feeling of her lips on mine.

Finally, we pulled away and placed our foreheads together gently.

"I've missed that too," I said and she just smiled back. My breath hitched at our proximity. "Where do you want to go?" I asked, our foreheads still pressed together.

"I know a place not too far from here, can I take you there?"Ellie replied and I just nodded as she moved her hands to take mine and walk me round to the passenger side. " you first," she said, opening the door, causing me to let out a slight giggle.

"such a gentleman," I laughed and she just rolled her eyes before closing the door and running around to her side of the car. Ellie climbed in with a smile on her face and started up the car. There was a relaxing silence in the car as she drove, it was peaceful. Half way through the journey, I felt her place her hand on my thigh gently, rubbing it with a thumb slightly as she did so.

As most, I was unable to keep the smile from forming on my lips at this small action but I contained it the best that I could. Out the window, I watched all the different scenes pass until we finally slowed down on the side of a road and Ellie got out to open my door.

"thank you," I laughed, taking her hand and letting her pull me up. As if she read my mind, she pushed her lips onto mine, our hands still gripped together.

"Anytime," she smiled. I had never seen this side of her. this obsessed, loving side. I'd normally see her game face in games against her and think she should try and smile a little, but this side of her was definitely my favourite.

Ellie held my hand as we walked through a gate into a large field with a park in the far corner. We were just outside the centre of Manchester and there was no one around; it was calm.

"Where actually are we?" I asked as Ellie walked me up to the tree. she sat down against it and pulled on my arm to tell me to do the same. I did so and sat as close to the blonde as possible, resting my head on her shoulder.

It was silent for a moment until she spoke up, "When I moved to Manchester, I didn't know anyone or anything, I used to come here a lot, in the day, at night, after training, any time I felt alone... it always calmed me down," she said, looking up at the sky.

"Why have you brought me here?" I asked quietly, intrigued why she wanted to share what seemed like such a special place with me.

"because... because you've become this place to me..." she said. a puzzled look crossed my face. she she must have clocked my expression as she continued before I could reply. " I used to come here when I needed comfort... and now within two weeks of knowing you, I go to you when I need comfort, because you give that to me, all the time," she said and I just sat there in awe. This whole time I hadn't been overreacting my feelings, she had felt the same way as I had.

"You mean that?" I said, still not believing what I had just heard.

"more than anything I've ever said," she replied. She seemed nervous. As if I hadn't given her the right reaction. I've never been good at talking about my feelings, so I decided to respond with actions. Gently, I placed my hand on her chin and forced her to look at me. We made eye contact instantly and I couldn't hold back any longer.

Our lips connected instantly in a passionate but calm kiss. As we carried on, the kiss became hungrier and we both knew we needed more. Her tongue traced the bottom of my lip and I grant her access instantly. Our position was no longer working so I moved to straddle her without losing connection with her lips.

When air finally became a problem, we both pulled away, a little out of breath. The smiles on both of our faces told a thousand words to the other. We both knew how the other felt.

I had to ask her tomorrow.